Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

The thing about the blank metrics - that is so annoying

Posted: Aug 29th, 2016 - 10:58 am

/Monday morning vent/

Most of the blanks I leave are not even my fault! They're not even terms I don't know!

I have to leave them because the dictator said something goofy and I know the dictator did not mean to say what they just said.  Something they said weird because they weren't paying attention, but I can't fix it because it would mean making too huge of a change or adding a word all my own, so I have to leave a blank!  Or because the dictator is going too fast through an exam.  If all I can hear is something that sounds almost definitely like "extraocular" (maybe), it doesn't matter because I can't type just "extraocular" and I can't type out "extraocular movements normal"!!  Or they race through lab values, or the audio blips out the name of a hospital or something else you can't make an educated guess on.

But the ones that are the most aggravating are the ones where they are going too fast.  We all do stupid airheaded mistakes, but to deliberately race through a report, especially with an accent, but even without one, is just plain unfair.  I have to rewind to figure out what was said, go into previous reports, end up leaving a blank.  The dictator is saving themselves time and money, costing me money in terms of productivity, and all the while I have to deal with the frustration of knowing that I'm the one who is going to be blamed for having too many blanks.

It's like being punished for something your sister did when you had nothing to do with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)