Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You do realize this is not an AHDI website, yes? - sm

Posted: Aug 24th, 2016 - 2:12 am In Reply to: Hey, you negative posters on CMT/CHDS, AHDI - CMT/QA a long time

I may have misunderstood you, but it sounded like you thought this website belongs to them.

I don't think I've ever commented on someone obtaining an MT credential, but my opinion is that they are not worth the time, effort, and money. I have had the RMT and the CMT. I chose not to renew because in all the years I have been transcribing medical reports, I have only gotten a 1-time $25 bonus for earning my RMT. I never made any more money than my coworkers who had not earned any credential.

I'm not sure which posts you're referring to, but it may just be that people are frustrated that AHDI is continuing to encourage MTs to get credentialed. By and large, an MT credential does not seem to hold much weight with employers. If one is getting credentialed merely for the personal satisfaction, then I say go for it. I remember being proud of passing my RMT and CMT exams. I just wish my employer valued it as much as I did at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)