Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

you really need to do some work first - StillAnMT

Posted: Aug 17th, 2016 - 9:13 am In Reply to: Question for any ICs with their own accounts. - Possible new client

It is impossible to quote a price without knowing all the details of getting the work into the EMR. Not all EMRs are the same as far as being transcription-friendly.

Perhaps you could go in the office and have a receptionist or someone show you all the steps (count how many mouse clicks it takes). I just quit a job that took 22 mouse clicks (with scrolling, pasting part of the report, choosing, thinking, etc). If there was an x-ray interpretation in the report, add another 9 clicks for a total of 31 mouse clicks to get in a $2 report.

Which reminds me, it is very important for you to know how long each report is. The longer the report, the more profit for you. The shorter the report, the less profit for you.

This I know, you have to factor in the time you spend getting a report into the EMR relative to the line count of that report.

I hope you have the courage to make a good business decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)