Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Help-company trying to cheat me on editing sm - MT25

Posted: Aug 16th, 2016 - 10:37 am

I've worked for this co. for 4 years.  I get paid by the line.  Office secretary who sends me my work asked me to change headings from Ortho to Neuro because "I had it wrong" on the template which could have been my mistake I admit.  So I did a search and replace in Word.  Then she sent me 3 years' worth (5 days a week) of files for 4 doctors and asked me to do the same.  Most of that was not my work.  I told her I hope I get paid for my editing other people's work and that I didn't know how to count lines for this.  She said she'd talk to the boss and get back with me.  I told her I'd just do it by the hour and she said she'd tell the boss.  So, I sat there for over a day doing that.  On my invoice, I put 9 1/2 hours of editing.  I didn't get paid for it.  Emailed the boss and she said she HATEs to tell me, but she can't bill the hospital that way.   I am so ticked off.  I'm not sitting here for a day and doing that when I could have been making money and not get paid for it. 

I'm sitting here with a bunch of work that I don't know if I'm going to do.  What would you do??  TIA

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)