Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I upgraded from XP to Win 7...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Jul 25th, 2016 - 11:39 am In Reply to: I hate to ask a stupid question, and I'm sure it is, but (sm) - Computer dummy

a little over 2 years ago. I have used the same small computer shop for many years, and they told me my present PC with XP would not be able to run Win 7. He ordered me a Lenovo ThinkCentre mini-tower and loaded Win 7 Professional. I ordered a Word 2010 bundle and had him transfer that. I also paid a small fee to SpeedType, and he also transferred that for me. He also transferred any files on the old PC to the new PC that I wanted to keep. I found a free generic medical spellchecker on line that has worked just fine for me for over 2 years. So unless you or a member of your family is a computer wiz, try to find a small local PC shop who can do it for you. The new PC with Win 7, plus the cost of Word 2010, plus his fee for doing everything cost me about $500. But the thing is it was quick, effortless, and stress free; and it worked immediately upon connecting it up at home. No problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)