Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Something Positive - Suzie Sunshine

Posted: Jul 19th, 2016 - 2:36 am In Reply to: Anything positive? - Christie M

I think you can still find a really good job. You just have to look hard to find it. Don't be discouraged if your first job isn't exactly what you're looking for. Keep studying and becoming the best transcriptionist/editor you can be, and I think it is very likely that within 5 years or so you'll be doing well. Now, some schools tell students they'll be making $80K a year. This is probably an exaggeration. I would say you might make as little as $10,000 year one, $20,000 by year two, $30,000 in years 3 and 4, and up to say $45,000 by year 5. Unless you're super speedy or find a really sweet gig, it's hard to make over $50. I've done it, but I had to really hustle and I've been doing this for a while. Don't give up. Don't get me wrong, most of the people here have legitimate complaints. The MT industry has gotten pretty crazy the last couple of years, but there are many MTs who don't participate on boards like this who are working full-time jobs and are very happy. I hope this helps. Positives? I have three positives. I really like the work, it's a job that you can do and not worry about it for the rest of the day, and I like working a flexible schedule at home. BTW, if you end up not liking MT, education is never wasted. You can use your medical terminology and keyboarding skills in another type of job. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)