Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I think its called - age discrimination

Posted: Jun 28th, 2016 - 12:39 pm In Reply to: STILL NO JOB - uniquemonique

Even though they say they don't and now they want your resumes going back only 10 years, I think they can still figure out if you are over 50 or not. I've been unemployed since Feb and I keep getting bites for interviews that never happen. They call & cancel or if its a phone interview they just don't call. I am not trying for just MT (20+ yrs experience), but also trying to get medical office or hospital also. And I have 5 different resumes highlighting all my skills - how much $$ I saved one company & got a whopping raise for it, blah blah blah. Never ever had a problem getting a job before.

The ONLY ones that are faithfully contacting me are life insurance companies! I've had like 6 of them email and call for life insurance sales person - NOT - I have never done that.

I still have 13 weeks of UI then I can appeal so not worried yet, but starting to get very depressed, like I am turning out to be one of those older women who lost her job just short of (early) retirement age and never found a decent job again thanks to MTSO lowering my worth to min wage.

I personally think the raping of our wages has a LOT to do with it too. Where we are applying thinks "what did she do to get her wages lowered so much?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)