Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Well, they're getting more than we got. - OldTimer

Posted: Jun 26th, 2016 - 10:23 am In Reply to: Missouri hospital outsourcing, 26 in-house MTs affected - Ex-NTMT

I was employed by three different hospitals who went the outsourcing route and shut down their Transcription departments. None of them helped us "identify other jobs within the system." It was, "too bad, so sad!" even for stellar employees who had been there for years. I did ask the pointed question -- in front of our entire department at the "announcement meetings" -- if we would be provided any assistance in being retrained or finding something else. Nada. But hey, at least they were put on the spot! They looked embarrassed by the scripted lame answer they gave. Of course, the sole point of those meetings was to sell us into joining the outsourcing slave cave. They painted this incredibly rosy picture -- full of LIES about how we would still be working on the same dictators, etc. -- that was nothing but B.S.

Then again, if that is accurate language "help identify other openings" may just simply mean provide you with the list of openings that they post on the wall for everyone to see. :) Or, it could just be lip service since this was reported in the press. Only ONE of the three layoffs I suffered was reported in the media. I did phone local newspapers about two of these shutdowns, but they weren't interested!! Only the largest, university-affiliated hospital shutdown/layoff made the news, and THAT was only because of how that was (mis)handled (buying Epic and bringing in trainers from out of state, putting them up in expensive hotel suites) caused the hospital to bleed $1 billion in red ink and eventually have to be SOLD.

These attitude of these corporations SUCKS! There is no good place to work anymore, it seems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)