Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Things to consider... - Linda

Posted: May 18th, 2016 - 1:59 am In Reply to: Going line rate - without MTSO

Our last real line rates were 12 to 14 CPL as contractors, several years back. If you work at home and transfer audio files and data via secure server and you don't have to pay the cost for that, you save printing, pick up and delivery time and money.

The MTSOs charge between 14 to 22 CPL, the higher rate for fastest turnaround. If you have to pay for the secure server it will be about $300 a month for one doctor. You need to decide what you charge for and how, standard is per 65 character line and charging for spaces. If they want to use templates, I believe the MTSOs charge a lower rate for those, but I don't know how they separate them for line counts. I know that I get only 2 CPL for templates or pasted from prior reports.

My biggest questions would be whether you have to pay for the internet data transfer and if they have you work within their EMR. I can't help you as I've never done it. Just know you will likely be entering data by clicking boxes or drop down lists and I don't think a line rate is fair for that type of work. You might charge a certain amount per report to cover data entry that isn't really transcription.

There is a real advantage to getting used to one doctor so you can speed through his/her dictation once you get used to them and have your expansion program set up for them.

I think 12 CPL if they pay for the secure server, plus or minus for your costs and time, such as data entry into the EMR that isn't transcription, where you could charge a fee per patient, then a line rate for the transcription.

Good luck! Please share what you work out with them, if you can, to help those of us who are also trying to get rid of the middleman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)