Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Could the "new and exciting" method of PTO - be N way of getting out of paying

Posted: Apr 30th, 2016 - 11:58 am

getting out of paying PTO when someone quits? I quit this year (just before the new PTO changes?) and did receive my accrued PTO right away. My state does not require an employer to pay PTO upon exiting but encourages employees to hire an attorney or go to small claims court if the employer does not.

With the new PTO system...tell me if I am wrong...don't they only award PTO quarterly or every 6 months? It seems then that they would only pay your PTO that is "on the books" ...already "awarded" when you quit.

If so, this would save the N a he// of a ton of money. Like a "bonus" awarded every quarter or twice a year....you do not get the "bonus" unless you finish out the quarter, etc.

Let me know if I am wrong. I no longer work for them so not sure how the new PTO thing works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)