Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Actually I said that the end of my original post, that - MT-SV

Posted: Apr 26th, 2016 - 10:18 am In Reply to: Firing - Still here

it was more of a rant, but that I would take any advice or comments thrown my way.

As far as typing verbatim, I realize that MTSOs preach verbatim and discourage their MTs to think. However, I do not work for an MTSO. I work for a hospital. SHE works for a hospital. We are encouraged to use our education and experience, just as the dictator is use his or hers, to produce an accurate, professional, and LEGAL document. The concept of verbatim with regard to medical transcription is relative. I view verbatim as understanding what the dictator is trying say and helping him or her express that thought coherently and intelligently.

Not to mention, as I said in my original post, this is a small hospital. We have the luxury of being to able to ask the doctor questions should we have them. We are also in-house which means we have access to the patient's chart, and as a final resource, they have ME. If they do not want to run down information or speak to doctors directly, they can bring any question they have to ME and I will do the research!

If you have 30 or 40 years experience as an MT, as this particular one boasts, then you should know better than to make lame excuses for glaring mistakes. At the very least, ASK A QUESTION!

To the rest of the posters, thanks for listening and for the advice. I've decided to put her on 100% QA for 30 days and see how that goes. We are also meeting with HR to discuss her attitude and my expectations. I felt it best to meet with an objective third party, partly to cover my behind, but also so she feels she's being treated fairly. I'll let you know in 30 days...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)