Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Using tests as free labor - Jen

Posted: Apr 25th, 2016 - 1:54 pm

Is this a common thing? I think it just happened to me. I typed a test audio file that ended up being several pages. Unfortunately, I misunderstood the directions so instead of typing it in the template they gave me (which was actually a sample document already typed), I started a new Word document and typed it. I am certain what I typed was good. I got an email asking me to please redo it in the template. I didn't have the time, as I was working on some other work at the time and had already fallen behind because of the test.

So my friend suggested that perhaps they wanted it in the template to because they were wanting free labor. I had just thought of that when she suggested it. You could tell from my work that I was good enough. The template would have only made everything easier for me. I did it the hard painstaking way. Why else would it matter unless they planned to actually USE that document? Is this common? Sure doesn't seem fair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)