Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

QA thoughts - On site worker

Posted: Apr 18th, 2016 - 5:00 pm In Reply to: Thanks for confirming my suspicion! - anonMT

You did not say where you would be working. I was offered a QA spot when my on site department was outsourced; I needed a job so didn't give it a second thought, I was already paid hourly. I fill in blanks, send feedback to the vendor and do individual MT audits. I'm not expected to produce X amount of reports but do turn out a lot of work and I am very busy. I think it's more stressful than when I was an MT but it's also a learning experience when I have to do research. I would say to go for it if you're up for a challenge and are willing to back up your choices with documentation, you have to know your Ps and Qs. It would also get you off production and possibly the workload might be more consistent on the QA side as they might keep you busy with other things. I don't miss production transcription but everyone is different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)