Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Re: Old school - Old Pro

Posted: Feb 10th, 2016 - 5:28 pm In Reply to: It is in Southern California - The Burbs - anon

Just one opinion from an old lady who has been in the biz in some form or another since 1968, so take it or throw it in the round file. :) I do think old school will make a comeback. A friend of our family is a CEO/hospital administrator and he has only bad to say about outsourcing of MT. He can hardly believe it has gotten so bad. He feels (as do I) that it is dangerous to the patients. (Just look up the Thomas Hospital lawsuit sometime.) Anyway, it is just my opinion that old school will definitely make a comeback. My only fear is that it will take a good long time to do it. Thankfully, I no longer need to work fulltime anymore (I am 70) and work for a friend's smallish service on a very now and then basis. This is mostly for travel/hobby/feed the animals money. I think the good thing about the job you were offered is that it is in an office rather than a hospital. My experience with hospitals has been that often the BOD of a hospital will make some strange "money-saving" (NOT!) decision that leaves the MTs in the ditch. That is not quite as likely to happen in a private office, but it could. Anyway, whatever you finally choose, I truly do wish you all good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)