Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

When push comes to shove... - justfired

Posted: Feb 5th, 2016 - 11:34 am

I got fired a few weeks ago for failing my 3rd audit, not in a row.  It was over the span of about 4 months and I really thought I was doing better on my quality.  I was in a panic for about a day trying to figure out what to do, thinking maybe I'm not cut out for this MT stuff (after 7 years).  

I looked around for out of the home jobs for a while and didn't really see anything that was worth the headache of traffic and commute time, so I took about a week to really dig around the internet and see what opportunities are out there.  

With enough determination and countless resumes and cover letters, I landed work as an IC for two different companies, and one of them is a medical job with a smaller company.  The other one is a really exciting opportunity where I transcribe entertainment files for companies like YouTube. I had no idea jobs like this still exist and now I finally feel worth something.  The money will be slow at first as with all learning curves, but I am hopeful and I feel so much better coming to work everyday (whenever I want, mind you).  

I would've never sought these opportunities if I was still with MM.  It's like being in an abusive relationship where you want to leave but just can't...and I wouldn't have left if I wasn't fired first.  My advice to anyone working here who feels trapped, just polish up that resume and send it out as much as you can!  You never know what you'll find.

Also, I was fired the day before I requested 2 days of PTO off, and those days weren't included in my check nor was the rest of my 40 hours of EARNED PTO.  Just so you know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)