Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Does anyone remember doing this back in the day? - what goes around

Posted: Jan 26th, 2016 - 7:51 pm

I can no longer remember the name of the company, but it handled the Johns Hopkins account.  The owner sold to the Squid and then later started MDI-MD.  (I went to work for that company as well - seems that I bailed both just a couple of weeks before D sold them!)

What I am trying to remember is how we did the recording off the C-Phone back then. I plugged in my C-Phone to a cassette recorder and downloaded the dictation and then played it back using a Dictaphone cassette machine that had a foot pedal.  I'm trying to picture it in my mind what the connection looked like between the C-Phone and the cassette recorder, and it's just out of reach for me.  I think the C-Phone side was a head phone jack and what plugged into the cassette recorder was maybe a phone jack??? Is that what it was?  I think we bought them at Radio Shack back then?

Once I got trained on the account I switched to using only the C-Phone because it became as cheap as recording dictation to cassette - around $700/month for phone service.

Anybody remember?  Blast from the past!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)