Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

REMINDER: Status and pay for work on VA accounts - LearnTheLaw

Posted: Jan 25th, 2016 - 4:48 pm

If you work on VA accounts, your MTSO must classify you as an employee and pay you the wage determination rate specific to the location in which the work is performed (usually the county in which the VA is located).  You must also receive holiday pay, even if you do not work on that holiday.  Additionally, there is a separate hourly rate for every hour you work that goes for your benefits, rather than your pay.  

I don't care what your employer says to the contrary.  If your employer tells you they don't have to do these things when you work on a VA contract, they are not telling you the truth.  Educate yourself.  Look up the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act.  Call the Department of Labor and ask them to clarify for you.  You can file a complaint anonymously with the Department of Labor, and they will recover back wages for you.

Someone else posted that you should contact the VA.  While I believe the VA can withhold money from a contractor if they find out the contractor is violating terms of their contract, I don't know that they will follow through on an employee complaint in the same way that the DOL will.  There is a whole division at the DOL that specifically looks into this type of complaint and compels companies to comply.  That's what they do.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)