Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

thanks more details - all smiles

Posted: Nov 23rd, 2015 - 11:06 pm In Reply to: Hmmm.... - Backwoods Typist

Regards computer. Newly built - the best of the best. (Lasts a long time).

Hard wired. All new cords.

New modem. Brought up to the specs needed by IT at N, the ISP guys actually talked to IT at N while at my computer, trying to determine what settings needed to be set in the background. According to IT at Nuance, the settings are correct.

IT has tried a lot of stuff, nothing works so far.

Could update the firmware on the modem/router (supplied by ISP), but when they swapped out the modem nothing changed. Could change ports on the modem and see if that helps but think I did that once and nothing changed.

When computer built, the guy who built it is not a software person, so I've always thought something deep in the background is not set properly, but I'd be damned if I knew what that needs to be adjusted deep in the background.

Regardless of what has been done, (see previous post) nothing has fixed the problem.

Just talked with ISP today, and every time this happens, I check to see if there has been a connectivity issue, and there has been none. They state that the connectivity logs go from my modem to their server. Suppose there could be something from my computer to the modem, but I'd be darned if I knew where to look.

And, so true with N, I only have this problem with Enterprise software. Not with my bank, not with my companies where I pay my bills, not googling or researching, ONLY ON ENTERPRISE.

I'm going to try to find a company in Burlington MA where I can ping it and see if I have any problems with packet loss going through the IT backbone.

The only strange thing is that it happens most frequently on Thursday afternoons around 4:30 to 6:30. Weird.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)