Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Pathology - sm

Posted: Nov 18th, 2015 - 4:24 pm In Reply to: How difficult is pathology? - PJ

Pathology transcription can be very interesting. It's done in 2 parts, gross and microscopic, and the 2 reports are merged together for the final report. The initial dictation, the gross, is done while the pathologist is dissecting the specimen, and the microscopic dictation is done on examining slides made from the specimen. The gross exam includes precise measurements and descriptions of specimens. Sometimes slides are sent to larger facilities for a second opinion, and sometimes specimens are sent to other facilities for special stains; I guess it depends on how large your hospital is. There is some unique terminology involved, but it's not that hard to find. You can potentially be exposed to some gory stuff, like amputations, but just keep your eyes down when you go into the grossing room, like I do! ;) In my experience, pathologists are meticulous dictators who review their work thoroughly for accuracy.

I think you'll LOVE it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)