Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

False claims about line rates - Emerald Green

Posted: Nov 18th, 2015 - 10:58 am

I worked for this company for a few months.  When I was hired, they said their requirement was 100/LPH.  When I started, after a couple of weeks, I learned that 2 speech rec lines equal 1 line, only typed lines are considered full line compensation.  In other words, if you work SR you get 3.5 cents per line and standard is 7.0 per line.  The way they approach this is very deceiving.  Since most work comes in SR, they really are saying they want to to achieve 200/LPH in SR and 100/standard typed line.   This company also micromanges you to the point of exhaustion.  You have at least 3 different people checking you work and every minor thing is brought to your attention. 

This is production work, focus and speed are important, the last thing we need is to be micromanged.

We are highly trained individuals, with skills most people don't have, that are required to be at a minimum of  97% accurate in all aspects of medical transcription:  Medical words, services, all lab tests  and results, radiology test and results, all disciplines, spelling, grammar,  punctuation and only allowed 2 blanks per document on average....we make minimum wage or less.  

It does not matter how good your are, if you get a difficult dictator, a pauser, someone with a strong accent, speaks to fast or dictation equipment not working right (all these things beyond your control) and you still get compensated so little.  Waitresses sometimes make more than some MTs per hour by their employers i.e. $2/hr.  

what are we doing wrong that these companies get away this.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)