Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Dear MTSOs & Recruiters, - LongTimeMT

Posted: Nov 12th, 2015 - 11:19 pm

Since MTs are struggling to make ends meet, thanks to our current salaries being half what they were decades ago, it would be nice if we didn't have to spend $40 on an audio player to take your tests, or not pass the timed test because it took to long to do it without the use of a foot pedal.  Then there are all the forms you need filled out and returned immediately.  Unlike the old days, we can no longer can afford a separate fax line, so we have to go to a print shop and pay $15 to fax back all your documents.  $10 for a notary to confirm citizenship.   After fulfilling all your requirements,  I spent a total of $105 to apply for your 7 CPL IC position and go through the contracting process.

Another thing the MTSOs need to know is that we are not available 24/7 to respond to your emails.   If we don't answer your emails the same day, you send an email stating "you must not still be interested..."   The fact is that we underpaid MTs can not afford a $500 smart phone, the kind you guys use, where you are alerted to any message or email to arrives.  We need to work 2 or more jobs to survive, which means we cannot sit on the computer watching email all day and night.   I am applying at your company because my present company is always out of work. Though it does not sound like much to you, I have spent an entire month's wages to apply for your position and start working for you.  I certainly hope you appreciate what you have with MTs ... decades of experience for a small fraction of what we are worth!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)