Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You really are fighting a losing battle with editing... - .......

Posted: Oct 8th, 2015 - 9:40 pm In Reply to: Editing - mtmt

I've been doing it pretty much 100% of the time for at least 10 years and I STILL cannot make the same (per hour) as doing straight transcription, and I know I never will.

However, I will tell you that after a while you will get better at it. I think you really need to be a super fast reader to start with and have excellent concentration to catch errors and fix them quickly. The reason you need to be a fast reader is because you need to turn up that speed almost as high as it will let you and be able to keep up with it. It's the only way I have even come semi-close to making half-decent money doing VR.

As to your question of the "system" learning...I don't think it's possible for it to learn. I've only found it to get worse over time, as different transcriptionist get cycled on and off the accounts...that messes up the VR as everyone does things a little different. Not the MTs fault...it's the companies fault for playing musical accounts with us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Editing - mtmt (Views: 698, 2015-10-08, 9:08 pm)
    • You really are fighting a losing battle with editing... - .......