Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

* My co-workers were laughing at MTs today (and me) - Post

Posted: Oct 6th, 2015 - 7:10 pm

I am not that happy today and I want to share with you the humiliation I went through. After being laid off many many months ago I got a job paid by the hour a few miles away. I am blessed. But when I went back to this site after several months of being absent, I wanted to catch up. Little did I know I would be asked questions about my prior job by co-workers, and before long all four of them in my department were there and talking to me and going over some of the comments. It was humbling.

I really wish they did not see what I was before. I did not understand how I complained so much about so little until I was away from this industry for a while. It really hit home when I read them out loud to my co-workers and after awhile I just had to stop, it was so sad.

This may be a sounding board, but it is also a collection of some, well, interesting people. I am glad I am getting $17/hr now. I'll listen to people's problems all day long at work for hourly pay, no problem! Oh, and my company does not have a sounding board, so that shows you the difference between the two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)