Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Tell us more please. I am getting desperate here.. - at the N. Another Wordie.

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2015 - 1:50 pm In Reply to: Wordie - More thoughts

I, for one, am not afraid of IC status. In fact, I prefer it in many ways. The tax thing is really not that complicated. You just have to pay the OTHER half of your SS tax along with whatever income tax you would owe anyway, and you can pay that at tax time yearly if you have other sources where tax is taken out and you do not owe too much at the end of the year.

Most of my MT career has been IC and I find that when I am switched to employee status, that is when the trouble starts in my life. Clock in, clock out, flex your time. Meet these requirements. Take on new accounts but no leeway for learning...keep your line count up, accuracy up.

So far, I have done well on the grid but I KNOW the end is near. My TM is making it harder and harder for me. I have NEVER been out of TAT (11 years), NEVER had a critical error, never missed a day, even with surgery, but my TM seems to want me out??? Go figure. Oh, and I have never had a cross word with her either, but she hardly knows me...I am just a number to her it seems, and with 3,000 new Indians I figure some of us have to go, maybe most of us.

Could you tell us how much per hour you average? Can you give us an idea of what your typical day is like, what the reports are like. I.E. are you transcribing a courtroom scene where the attorney is asking questions, the witnesses, etc are answering? Isn't it hard to hear what some of these people are saying just like MT work? Or am I totally off base as to the nature of the job?

BTW, thank you so much for posting. My fortune cookie last night read, "Opportunities abound to enhance your career. Choose wisely." I am not kidding. And just when I think I can't take the N much longer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)