Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Wordie - More thoughts

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2015 - 12:53 pm In Reply to: Life after Nuance - wordie

I am glad that you got out of Nuance and found something that you enjoy. You are correct when you say that this situation would not work for everyone. Do they offer benefits or PTO? Is it permanent or until the contract expires? How did you cover your expenses while you got up to speed? Court reporting and transcription are not the same; people need to understand that and I think it would be difficult to be hired without a legal background. If someone has always been employee and never an IC, it's not an easy transition and there are a lot of tax ramifications, at least in my state. I'm 61 and hope to put all of this behind me in 5 years or less. After that, I may work but don't want to do anything remotely related to transcription of any kind. Just another side of the coin, glad you are happy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)