Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Community college for coding school - SoCal MT

Posted: Sep 4th, 2015 - 9:01 pm

I have been contemplating a career change for quite some time and have decided to go back to school for coding.  I was thinking of going to Andrews, but that is not in my budget at this time. I looked around and found that in California there is a community college that has coding completely online. If you live in California and qualify for a fee waiver - which almost everyone qualifies for - the classes would be FREE.  You would only have to pay for books, but many people also qualify for grants and money to help pay for books too.  The program is approved by the AHIMA.  You can get an associate degree and take the test for RHIT or just take the coding portion and take the test for CCA.  

If you live in another state check the AHIMA website as there are many other states have community colleges that are approved as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)