Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I got out and - ds

Posted: Aug 23rd, 2015 - 10:15 am In Reply to: hello and get out - yla

although I am no longer in the MT field, I am still working in healthcare, and it's amazing how my stress level has gone down to 0. I also enjoyed the convenience of working from home, but once my son turned 16 and was able to drive himself around, I discovered that working at an office (that is only 2 miles from my house) that allows us to wear jeans and tennis shoes, choose any 8 hour shift between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., paid holidays off isn't so bad! Besides, my new company actually fosters an environment of support and encouragement and pays for furthering education. I do understand that some truly do need a work at home situation, but for those who don't and want out of the sweatshop world that most MT companies have become, I strongly encourage you to seek something outside. It took me nearly a year, but my new situation is great, and having no stress is amazing!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)