Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Computers - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Aug 21st, 2015 - 4:15 pm In Reply to: To Been There-pls SM - Backwoods Typist

Today must be a day for ideas, cause ideas just keep coming to me.

Just FYI, you can get Word in an office suite. Try shopping on Ebay, but make sure you get a disk and not an instant download. This is keep the vendor from attaching nasties to it. You may not want a suite of software, but it could give you an opportunity to play with the others and learn them. When I made the switch to the big N from the hospital system I worked with, there werent but certain versions of Word that would work. I eventually found it, but it takes some time to search.

Another thing that came to mind is antivirus. I meant to mention that even though you have free antivirus with a new computer purchase (most likely McAfee, you can download for free Microsoft Security Essentials. Any Windows-based computer qualifies for a free subscription. I swear by it and its the only antivirus I use besides malware.

Another thing about antivirus is less is more. If you get more than a couple going at the same time they can actually conflict with one another. One could actually think one is a virus or foreign intruder of sorts. I have Microsoft Security Essentials (recommended by the IT dept at the hospital I used to work at), Malwarebytes and CC Cleaner.

Its easy to think that if you run your antivirus once a week, your computer should be fine, but it goes way further than that. Weekly quick scans using antivirus and Malwarebytes is good to do, but I tend to do a once a month full scan along with cleaning with CC Cleaner, both the registry and files. Also any time your computer acts weird, run your programs.

Well, now that I have written my book, its time to close the cover on the last chapter. I hope I have sincerely helped somebody. This day and age, network security is EVERYTHING. I do not have much longer to go before I have my Associate's and the amount of information about hacking and the kinds of creeps out there just drooling to get your info is overwhelming. I could go into that, but its another book! Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)