A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

well compensated or well-compensated - hab

Posted: Jul 27, 2014

Doc says, "Ischemic cardiomyopathy, well compensated."   Is it well compensated or well-compensated.  I don't know why i am forgetting this one, but i keep going back and forth on it.  

link for hyphen rules - hyphen rules

[ In Reply To ..]
The first rule applies to your situation.

In this particular case, use the former (no hyphen). - CMT now useless

[ In Reply To ..]
However, if he had said it this way, it would be "well-compensated ischemic cardiomyopathy."

HTH.

Similar Messages:

BS! We Could Be Compensated More
Mar 19, 2012

Editors: What Percentage Of Your Time Is Not Compensated?
Apr 29, 2013

Trying to determine the norm for providing free work. I spend more time fixing dictator's demographic errors demographic errors and searching for data that should have been dictated than I do editing. I'm just wondering if other editors just note these problems for QA to deal with or are you also working pretty much for free? Anyone been fired for refusing to work for free? ...

A Condition Or Disease That Is "compensated" Or "concentrated"
Sep 26, 2011

"___.  Patient is on metoprolol, lisinopril, spironolactone."   That's all that's said.  It's a list of diagnoses at the end of a report.  The blank sounds like "Patient compensated" or "concentrated."  Doesn't sound like "constipated" at all, and it doesn't sound like "cirrhosis, compensated" either.  Any ideas? ...