A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "impulse" deep in the right inguinal canal. - hb

Posted: Jan 29, 2011

This is on the physical exam of a patient who complains of pain in his groin area.  The doc says "I can feel just a questionable s/l impulse deep in the right inguinal canal, none on the left."  He says this pretty clear, but i have never heard this before, so i just wanted to make sure that i am hearing him correct.  

are you sure it is not femoral pulse? - orthogirl

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Positive. - hb

[ In Reply To ..]
Positive it is not femoral pulse. He is saying impulse very clear, but i have never heard that before.

Ah ha!!!! I found it. - hb

[ In Reply To ..]
You know the expression "turn your head and cough" when a male is getting a physical? Well, I'm no male, but my husband says that is when they are checking for hernias. Apparenlty, they are checking for a "expansile impulse on coughing". So, impulse is the correct term.

good researching and thanks for the info. I have learned something new today! - orthogirl

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Hyphen Central Canal And Exit Canal Stenosis?
Apr 12, 2014

Hello, Everyone. Do you think that a hyphen should be used in central-canal stenosis and exit-canal stenosis?   TIA!   ...

Inguinal Hernia Repair, Thanks For Any Help Sm
Nov 17, 2009

With the preperitoneal contents replaced into the preperitoneal space, the preperitoneal space was then developed.  Then using the ___ s/l "calves ear" mesh, Prolene, this was placed into this defect with the balloon blown up and the mesh then affixed to the fascial edges circumferentially with 0 Vicryl suture. ...

Inguinal Hernia Repair
Jun 25, 2014

doc is talking about infant inguinal hernia repair and says   He did have bilateral incisions on his abdomen with the s/l adhedoderms still in situ. - would think it is a brand name stitch or something, any help would be appreciated.  ...

Indirect Inguinal Hernia Word Help
Feb 11, 2015

"Hernia lies anteromedial to the _________ of the cord contents." S/L precursor Doc says the same thing a few times during the report "______ of the cord contents." Sounds like "precusors of the cord contents." Any help appreciated. Thanks! ...

Inguinal Hernia With 3DMax Mesh - How Is It Tacked?
Mar 18, 2011

Bard 3DMax left medium mesh was inserted uncurled and tacked on the superior edge using (___) from the anterior superior iliac spine to the pubis with good coverage. s/l it ends in "fix" or chlorofix or thorofix or ...thicks instead of fix. This could be a long shot in asking but I thought perhaps there might be a certain type of something that is used to tack it.  It doesn't s/l suture.  Thanks. ...

S/l Ameral Canal
Jun 22, 2010

Talking about an anal hernia the dictator says "exam of the right and left (ameral) canals? ...

Canal Wall Down
Dec 31, 2012

Is "canal wall down" ever hyphenated? ...

Is It Endocervical Or Exocervical Canal - Or Both?
Oct 14, 2013

Is this correct?  Final dilatation of the endo and exocervical canal was done to pass the hysteroscope. It is an ESL doctor, plus he stammers when he is saying this, so I'm not sure if "endo" included or if that is just a stammer.  ...

With Deep Sympathy And
Nov 05, 2012

I got out of MT about 9 months ago, but I continued to read this forum to keep in touch with any possible changes in the MT world that might indicate I should try to get back in (while I was job-hunting fruitlessly during that time).  Without being able to find a new job for so long, I was worried about whether I had made the right choice or not by declining the M*Modal job when they took over my former MTSO.   Now, this weekend, as I read the posts of terminations and chronic NJA, I ...

Then A S/l Luggage Handle Was Placed In The Femoral Canal.
Jun 05, 2015

Orthopedic surgery note.   "Then a s/l luggage handle was placed in the femoral canal." I have been searching, but it is difficulty to find anything, as every search just brings up tonz of stuff about luggage handles.  Anyone every heard of this????  ...

Abdomen Nontender To Deep
Mar 21, 2012

palpations <s/l on the floor> ?  Does it sound right or does anyone have any idea what he might be saying? Thanks for any help. ...

Upon Insertion Of S/L Otus?? There Is Tenderness In The External Canal Of The Ear
Nov 07, 2009

NM ...

*Ian’s* Canal Lesion On The Right Or Ulnar Neuropathy On The Right. Thanks. Nm
Jan 17, 2010

nm ...

Posterior Fossa?? Internal Auditory Canal
Oct 01, 2010

MRI scanning of the posterior fossa? internal auditory canal  doc has an accent and I'm not sure.  I haven't heard this before. ...

Generous Deep Tendon Reflexes?
Aug 24, 2010

Full sentence is "concerned about the possibility of compressive cervical myelopathy in the presence of generous (?) deep tendon reflexes and in the face of polyneuropathy seen on EMG." ...

Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Euthyroid?
Dec 13, 2010

Is this a real phrase? it is very clear. ...

Strength 505 Throughout Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Very Hard To Illicit
Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly? ...

Slow Unbuffler Quanitative Abdominal Tenderness To Deep Palpation
Nov 06, 2011

I am transcribing a physical exam of a diverticulitis patient that sounds like, "Slow unbuffler quantative abdominal tenderness to deep palpation". ...

Sx For Carpal Tunnel Release, Guyon's Canal Release, Flexor Tenosynovectomy
Mar 16, 2012

x ...

S/l "slow Muffler" On Abdominal Tenderness To Deep Palpation
Sep 02, 2011

This is on a patient who has diverticulitis ...

S/l "synoferous" In The Context Of Deep Set Eyes, Esotropia...TIA .... NM - Prabbu
Nov 14, 2012

.. ...

Inguinal "flora"
Oct 15, 2009

both inguinal "flora" are intact. ...

S/l "lidocation" Of Deep Skin Mass
Nov 17, 2009

Doctor dictates 3 times under PROCEDURES what sounds like "Lidocation of deep skin mass." It's not "lidocation." Any thoughts? I'm just losing my mind here.  Aaarrrgghhhh   ...

Deep The Level Of The Fascia Or Below The Fascia
Mar 03, 2015

I have seen this so many times but am still not 100% positive what it is: Two 1/8-inch Hemovac drains were left deep at the level of fascia/below the level of the fascia/below the fascia?"  He is not speaking clearly enough for me to be 100% positive. Thank you. ...