A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

prepping for surgery: "Arms were tucked in and the "s/l drain stops" were in place&q - tia

Posted: Mar 28, 2012

x

SCDs were placed? - jh

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Can't Verify "brain Drain" Anywhere Regarding Surgery.
Jun 05, 2014

Scalp and forehead lacerations being repaired. The head is placed in a "brain drain" in order to wash the hair and judiciously shave the areas around the lacerations, preserving all of the other hair. Thanks in advance. ...

Dental Surgery: "A Blue 'shof-ee' Plate Was Then Fitted To The Area And Put In Place&
Nov 04, 2010

Dental surgery: "A blue 'shof-ee' plate was then fitted to the area and put in place" (after IMF) ...

Dictation Stops 7.1
Oct 09, 2012

Hi folks, So, my sound stops when I use any keys on my keyboard.  Is this supposed to happen or is there some way I can turn that off?  Thanks.  First day on 7.1.  Not too shabby, but this little detail is a pain.  It stops even when putting in comas.   Thanks a bunch for all your help today.  ...

The Abuse From These People (?) Just Never Stops.
Aug 14, 2014

I say people (?) because I'm really wondering if they're human and if they possess a heart. Due to overhiring and mismanagement once again, I am OOW and have been many times all week. We are commanded to adhere to a schedule, but flex when there is no work and then make up the time, which then interferes with another MT's schedule. Are we not supposed to have a life? You people at the top and in HR are reprehensible. I could say so much more, but I am better than that. ...

Infinity Foot Pedal Stops Working While Transcribing
Oct 16, 2012

Anyone have a problem with Infinity USB foot pedal? I called the company I bought it from and they sent me a new one. Still having same problem. I have Windows 7, using DocQScribe, but it also happened in Express Scribe on a different computer, so I do not think its a PC issue. I have googled and cannot really find anything. I also hear a "ding" and it stops working, then I pull the USB out of the port and back put in back in and it works for a little while. The company I bought it from sa ...

Painful Arms
Nov 23, 2011

The tops of my forearms are tender lately, sore.  I increased the hours I am working lately and that's when it started.  Any suggestions on how to help this and do you think it will eventually get better?  Owie! ...

Awesome Arm Exercise For Tired Arms And
Apr 09, 2014

I was watching a yoga show ("watching" being the operative word) and the instructor said she had a great exercise for people who sit at a desk and type all day. You can do this in your chair. You hold your arms out to your sides and keeping them straight out, rotate/twist them back and forth within the shoulder socket. You go as far as you can one way, and then hold it for a few seconds and then go the other way as far as you can and hold it. Your palms will point down one way and up ...

Ergonomic Saddle Chair/stoor With Arms
Nov 05, 2012

I am looking for an ergonimic chair/saddle stool with a back or arms to buy.  They are very pricey new, but I thought to see if anyone has one that just did not work out for them here.  If you have one and can send me pictures and my basic deal is I am very short and need one that the seat will adjust pretty low/ ie in the neighborhood of 16 inch height I would like to hear from you.  Thanks ...

HAP Drain?
Feb 27, 2012

Can't seem to find an "HAP" drain.  I am sure I heard correctly.  "She has an HAP drain in place, which she has been taught how to empty." ...

On RT Simulation: His Arms Were Held Slightly "a Kimble" On His Sides.
Dec 23, 2010

? ...

Her Arms And Legs Are Likewise Very Thin And Almost S/l “kakesic”. Any Help Would Be
Sep 28, 2011

Drain Type
Nov 24, 2009

Is it a Stavol or Stadol drain? Surgery is appendectomy and I cannot find either on google. ...

Drain Tubes?
Dec 03, 2010

I'm typing an operative report...the doctor recorder is playing VERY fast and I'm trying to decipher what she's saying. 'Two mediastinal drain tubes were brought in from the subxiphoid region, the tip of the left side directly under the thoracic cavity' ...

S/l Camino Drain
Apr 16, 2011

The patient underwent a temporal lobectomy and also had a decompressive laminectomy and s/l Camino drain placement.    ...

Surgical Drain
Apr 20, 2011

OR report for lumbar laminectomy.  A S/L DP Mac Drain was placed overlying the laminectomy site at L5-S1 and a superficial Hemovac was placed in the subcutaneous tissues as well. Thanks in advance... ...

Snyder Drain ?
Jul 30, 2013

snider or snyder drain? Thanks :) ...

There Is A New Kind Of Drain Out There
Feb 06, 2015

NOT.... Dictated: required her placement onto midodrine ASR: required her placmeent on tomato drain. Folks, you can't make this stuff up ...

Gallbladder S/l Bili Drain
Nov 03, 2009

The patient underwent interventional procedures including chest tubes and a gallbladder s/l bili drain. ...

Flapjack Compressed Drain?
Nov 12, 2010

it sounds like: A 10 mm flapjack compressed drain was brought up through a separate stab wound incision... ...

Are Transcription Jobs Going Down The Drain?
Oct 25, 2012

I work at home for the local hospital/clinic and have for the last 12 years doing transcription.  Now all of a sudden we switched to a new system and a lot of the doctors are doing voice recognition and we are doing more editing of reports than typing.  Also, I used to work a solid 8 hours a day from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  Now I have to get up at 4 a.m. to grab work till about 8 a.m., and then there is no work till around noon.  Even after that it is sporadic, hit and miss.&nbs ...

Time Give Away = Money Down The Drain
May 20, 2011

Is anyone else fighting back against all the time we are expected to give away?  Every time they ask us to sit waiting for work to come in for 15 minutes, they are only paying minimum wage for your state.  If you are making more than this with your calculated base, they are cheating you!  I lose approximately $7 dollars an hour when asked to wait.  I for one have had enough!  Pray for me, as I may push this to the limit of losing my job, but when you think about it, that ...

S/l Chronic Small Drain Hepatitis B
Feb 15, 2012

s/l Chronic small drain hepatitis B ...

Sounds Like *Avens* Drain Placed In The Abdomen. Nm
May 17, 2012

nm ...

Parathyroidectomy - S/l Fluted Blake Drain Was Placed Through A Stab Incision Into The Nec
Jul 28, 2010

The 7  s/l fluted Blake drain was placed through a stab incision into the neck. ...

Two Drain Tubes Put Into Thoracic Cavity After Removal Of Teratoma
Mar 01, 2011

I have a foreign doctor who descibes two chest tubes put in, one with the tip showing under the left, the right thoracic cavity (s/l) sustaining its own. Anyone have an idea? ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Pt Has A "throm And Topical Pad" Applied To Chest Wall Drain.
Aug 08, 2011

She does demonstrate some previous bleeding from the posterior chest wall drain site that has a stitch in place currently.  She has a thrombotopical pad applied to her anterior chest wall drain site.  ...

S/l "Lyovac" Drain Used In Knee Replacement?
Jan 19, 2010

See above. Can't find anything even close anywhere. ...

19 French "channel" Drain?
May 12, 2011

It sounds like he is saying channel drain during a GI surgery.  Has anyone ever heard ofa  channel drain or do you know of a good website that lists various surgical drains and their names?  I'd be very grateful for any info.    Thanks so much! ...

Place To See PTO
Jan 14, 2011

Is there a place other than the new paycheck site (I cant get in) to check our PTO?  Does Schedule Source have this information?  Thank you. ...