A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "Lyovac" drain used in knee replacement? - DRH

Posted: Jan 19, 2010

See above. Can't find anything even close anywhere.

could it be low or high? - ex-MQer

[ In Reply To ..]
I found a few websites talking about high or low vacuum pressure drains. Maybe?

Maybe - DRH

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe high-vac but I swear I hear an L in there at the beginning. Thank you though. :)

Similar Messages:

Knee Replacement - Sm
Oct 16, 2009

Everytime he does an exam for someone after a knee replacement he says: "Range of motion is stable. (?) is intact.  The calf is supple and nontender." It sounds like (caution???).  I am sure that is not it, but that is the closest s/l. Thanks in advance if you have any ideas.  ...

PC2 Knee Replacement?
Jul 09, 2014

Doctors dictates what sounds like patient had a "unicondylar or a PC2 knee replacement."  Is PC2 correct?  Can't find any documentation of this.  Thanks!  ...

Knee Replacement
Nov 25, 2014

struggling with a clinic note regarding knee replacement. Knees are postive ---- in both, right is particularly bad. It is extremely loose.   missing word sounds like it starts with a 'd'.   ...

Knee Replacement Surgery????
Jan 10, 2011

I am wondering would it make sense to say "She had some tenderness with palpation "near the border" of the patella.  Or would it be better to type "She had some tenderness with palpation of the knee "above" the patella." I am not sure what I am hearing. Thanks. ...

PSE Poly. Total Knee Replacement. Does
Mar 29, 2011

what the correct expanded form of this would be?  It is a TKR.  I think PS might be posterior stabilized, but I am stumped with the rest.  Check on Google, went to Biomet Vanguard site.  No help.  TIA ...

Patient Had Failure Of The Left Knee Replacement.
Feb 13, 2011

On 01/07/11, the knee was removed, resection of heterotopic bone, **excision of prior surgical scar** and insertion of an antibiotic spacer block was performed.  Questioning excision of prior surgical scar.  Does this make sense?  Thanks  :) ...

Trial Components For Knee Replacement Called S/l "lolly Box"
Jun 11, 2012

After true tibial base plate cemented in, s/l trials then carried out with the "lolly bopx" or "Law lee .. box or vaults or ? "  Anybody?? Thanks!! (It's an Oxford.) ...

Knee Replacement Word - "anioplast"
Jan 14, 2011

Dr. mumbles a bit here, but is talking about results of an x-ray where the "anioplasts" appear well fixed on x-ray. Any ideas? Help appreciated! ...

S/l Ac-knee-ik /hi-pok-knee-ik, Full Sentence In Sm, TIA!
Nov 14, 2011

Frequent ackneic-hypokneic episodes were recorded as were epileptiform potentials. ...

HAP Drain?
Feb 27, 2012

Can't seem to find an "HAP" drain.  I am sure I heard correctly.  "She has an HAP drain in place, which she has been taught how to empty." ...

Knee Complaints S/l "back Knee" And Buckle
Dec 03, 2009

doc says pt complaining of knee wanting to s/l "back knee" and buckle.  ...

Drain Type
Nov 24, 2009

Is it a Stavol or Stadol drain? Surgery is appendectomy and I cannot find either on google. ...

Drain Tubes?
Dec 03, 2010

I'm typing an operative report...the doctor recorder is playing VERY fast and I'm trying to decipher what she's saying. 'Two mediastinal drain tubes were brought in from the subxiphoid region, the tip of the left side directly under the thoracic cavity' ...

S/l Camino Drain
Apr 16, 2011

The patient underwent a temporal lobectomy and also had a decompressive laminectomy and s/l Camino drain placement.    ...

Surgical Drain
Apr 20, 2011

OR report for lumbar laminectomy.  A S/L DP Mac Drain was placed overlying the laminectomy site at L5-S1 and a superficial Hemovac was placed in the subcutaneous tissues as well. Thanks in advance... ...

Snyder Drain ?
Jul 30, 2013

snider or snyder drain? Thanks :) ...

There Is A New Kind Of Drain Out There
Feb 06, 2015

NOT.... Dictated: required her placement onto midodrine ASR: required her placmeent on tomato drain. Folks, you can't make this stuff up ...

Gallbladder S/l Bili Drain
Nov 03, 2009

The patient underwent interventional procedures including chest tubes and a gallbladder s/l bili drain. ...

Flapjack Compressed Drain?
Nov 12, 2010

it sounds like: A 10 mm flapjack compressed drain was brought up through a separate stab wound incision... ...

Are Transcription Jobs Going Down The Drain?
Oct 25, 2012

I work at home for the local hospital/clinic and have for the last 12 years doing transcription.  Now all of a sudden we switched to a new system and a lot of the doctors are doing voice recognition and we are doing more editing of reports than typing.  Also, I used to work a solid 8 hours a day from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  Now I have to get up at 4 a.m. to grab work till about 8 a.m., and then there is no work till around noon.  Even after that it is sporadic, hit and miss.&nbs ...

Time Give Away = Money Down The Drain
May 20, 2011

Is anyone else fighting back against all the time we are expected to give away?  Every time they ask us to sit waiting for work to come in for 15 minutes, they are only paying minimum wage for your state.  If you are making more than this with your calculated base, they are cheating you!  I lose approximately $7 dollars an hour when asked to wait.  I for one have had enough!  Pray for me, as I may push this to the limit of losing my job, but when you think about it, that ...

S/l Chronic Small Drain Hepatitis B
Feb 15, 2012

s/l Chronic small drain hepatitis B ...

Sounds Like *Avens* Drain Placed In The Abdomen. Nm
May 17, 2012

nm ...

S/l Polyne Replacement
Mar 24, 2010

The patient is not quite 3 months postoperative revision of the S/L polyne replacement on his right knee.   tia. that is the only sentence to give the s/l. There is no other information I can give throughout the dictation to help. sorry. ...

Ortho/Hip Replacement
Jun 17, 2011

Revision hip replacement.  Doc states pt has a s/l Salzer medical center pulse natural hip...?  Any clues?  ...

Hip Replacement Question
Jul 07, 2011

We decided that the "plus 8" hip ball would be appropriate.  Would that be transcribed +8 or plus 8 hip ball?  ...

Replacement Keyboard
Dec 03, 2011

Is it just me, or is the keyboard that came with the Dell computer the worst keyboard ever?  I can hardly type with it.  The keys are hardly elevated at all, my hands keep sliding to other keys.  After today, I am going to buy another keyboard. ...

Parathyroidectomy - S/l Fluted Blake Drain Was Placed Through A Stab Incision Into The Nec
Jul 28, 2010

The 7  s/l fluted Blake drain was placed through a stab incision into the neck. ...

Two Drain Tubes Put Into Thoracic Cavity After Removal Of Teratoma
Mar 01, 2011

I have a foreign doctor who descibes two chest tubes put in, one with the tip showing under the left, the right thoracic cavity (s/l) sustaining its own. Anyone have an idea? ...

Hormone Replacement Therapy
Jan 08, 2010

I cannot quite get the name of this combination.  It sounds like estradial Megoxy? progesterone estese ? Can someone help?  ...