A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

patient is allergic to "cillens"...is that correct? - mae

Posted: May 25, 2010

x

Cillins, meaning ampicillin, penicillin, etc. - NC Girl

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

cillins is the right word - mike2010

[ In Reply To ..]
drugs ending with cillin are mostly antibiotics, which can cause allergy. so it is "cillins" not cillens.

Similar Messages:

Oh Boy, Help! Patient Is Allergic To S/l Map Tek???
Mar 14, 2012

.. ...

Patient Allergic To Medication S/l Sin-a-vac...nm
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Help! Patient Allergic To S/l Lopin? Anyone Familiar?
Aug 10, 2011

.. ...

Patient In Labor, Station -3, Cervix CA And CC, Is This Correct? Sm
Apr 06, 2010

I just never heard those terms before, cervix CA and CO, station -3, effaced......   Thanks ...

Patient In For Migraine Headache..Doc Say: She Is Now Off The Beta-HCG. Can This Be Correct??? Nm
Jul 26, 2011

.. ...

Allergic To Miacias
Jan 05, 2010

Dictating.... pt allergic to Miacias...s/l miacias....Any ideas????? ...

S/l Tican. Pt Allergic To It
Jan 13, 2010

okay. one more s/l. pt is allergic to s/l Tican.   ...

Allergic Response
Apr 02, 2011

Ibuprofen gives the patient s/l tranaphylaxis. Thanks in advance. ...

Physical Exam, Allergic Reaction
Nov 01, 2012

Patient developed a rash from Bactrim. Under physical exam the doc states....... SKIN: The skin shows a diffuse erythematous urticarial rash that blanches under pressure. There is no __________ sign. Blank sounds like NICKELOWSKI Thanks for any help! ...

S/L EX-JATE For Iron Overload, Which Was Stopped Due To Allergic Reaction.
Oct 21, 2009

thank you ...

Pt Allergic To Plavis, So He Is On Aspirin And S/l "tick Let" Therapy...also Taking S/l Ma
May 13, 2010

:) ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Drug S/l "rimrod" (for Sure Not Remeron As He Is Allergic To That)
Feb 25, 2011

Remrod, or rimrod?? dosage is 30 mg. daily. Anyone heard of this drug? Thanks, Abby ...

She Is Allergic To "oro-vale"? Cannot Document. Thanks!
Jan 10, 2010

Sounds like "oro-vale" but I cannot document this anywhere.  Anyone heard of this? ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

Which One Is Correct? Q.4h Or Q.4 H ?
Nov 10, 2009

n/m ...

Is This The Correct Way Sm
Nov 13, 2009

to type (tibial tubercle plasty) tia. ...

Does This Seem To Be Correct?
Nov 14, 2009

If we do come to surgery, we would probably do both at the same time and do it under an **epidural spinal/epidural anesthetic **in attempt to reduce her risk for recurrent problems there.   This is exactly how he says it in between the ** tia. ...

Is This Correct??? Help!
Nov 29, 2009

"Wound was subsequently closed with 5-4 Ethilon sutures in an interrupted fashion. " The dictator is clearly saying 5-4 Ethilon sutures, not 5-0 or 4-0. Can anyone confirm that?     ...

Does This Look Correct?
Feb 04, 2010

***has chronic kidney disease stage IV with an estimated GFR of 19 mL/min per 1.3 m2.   I am mostly concerned about the 1.3 meters squared.  Is this correct?  ...

S/l Via Can This Be Correct
Feb 22, 2010

At this point, due to the failure of conservative measures, we have discussed proceeding with a subacromial decompression via arthroscopy. tia. ...

Please Tell Me If This Is Correct...
Mar 03, 2010

Doc says this exactly but I'm not sure what "chromogen" has to do with BCP.   "Ortho Tri-Cyclen, she takes that regularly now, chromogen birth control pills." ...

Pen Vee-K, Pen VK, Or...Which Is Correct?
Jun 26, 2011

Is there a correct way to transcribe this?  In all of my research, I've seen it Penicillin V-K, Pen Vee-K, Pen V-K, Pen VK, you name it, I've seen it. Does anyone if all of these are acceptable or is there an absolute correct way to transcribe it? TIA and have a great Sunday! ...

F-18 FDG Correct Or F-18-FDG ?
Mar 22, 2011

This is contrast used in PET CTs.    Which way is correct?  Thanks! ...

Why Did QA Correct This?
Apr 21, 2011

I sent in a report with 2 blanks because of a discrepancy.  When I got the feedback, every single time I typed "diabetes type 2" as was dictated, it was corrected to "non-insulin-dependent diabetes type 2."  If that's how they want it, it's okay with me, but it seems a tad like padding the line count! ...