A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Would you capitalize Home Health Nursing or not - HMMT

Posted: Oct 23, 2009

?

Not unless it is the actual name of the company. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

home health nursing - jaf

[ In Reply To ..]
No, only cap if it's an actual department in a facility. My rule of thumb is to determine if there is an actual sign in a department in a facility that says, "Home Health Nursing." You may or may not have this information available to you. Hope this helps, JAF

Similar Messages:

LCS Meaning? Nursing Home Note
Oct 26, 2009

LCS - meaning for nursing home note.  Also, nectar liquid assist?  Am I hearing this correctly?  ...

S/l LORO Canyon Nursing Home
Apr 07, 2011

ss ...

Patient Is On "hospice" At The Nursing Home....
May 14, 2010

Given the patient's "hospice" situation....would hospice be capitalized in either sentence? ...

Home Health
Jan 22, 2011

Is home health capitalized by it self or only when an actual name is placed in front of it? ...

Health Insurance Agent Working From Home.
Jan 06, 2015

I just got off the phone with my health insurance company agent at HealthLink.  She is working from home!  I should have asked what qualifications someone need to do this line of work, but didn't think to ask at that time.  I wonder if coding or transcription/medical terminology experience would be a requirement.  I had called to ask how much my deductible will be for an upcoming outpatient surgery.  She was able to look at my account and tell me the deductible amou ...

Staying In Health Care And Am Especially Interested In Home Healthcare
Jul 06, 2012

I am looking into what field of study to take up. I am thinking about staying in Health Care and am especially interested in home health care. I was wondering if anyone knows personally if there are demands for: Physical Therapist assistant - with Associated degree Occupational assistant- with Associates degree Has anyone heard of Speech/language pathologist assistant? I think this will require too much schooling but I have heard there is a big demand in health care and schools. I al ...

To Capitalize Or Not To Capitalize, That Is The Question
Oct 17, 2010

Learning the book of style and trying to decide in this sentence whether or not to capitalize Neurology and pain medicine.    He was seen by Pain Medicine and Neurology. thanks in advance ...

Nursing
Feb 17, 2010

After reading some posts on here written by nurses, it intrigues me why a nurse would want to get into the rat's nest world of MT.  Is it the lure of a work-at-home job?  Or is there something else I'm not aware of?  I was just reading on a nursing forum where many were complaining of being called off or being required to float, having their hours permanently cut back due to critical shortages and/or low census, even having foreign nurses brought in at a lower ...

MT To Nursing
Mar 30, 2010

Any one out there going to nursing school, or at least starting with getting the prereqs out of the way, take a nurse aide job to help gain experience?  There are quite a few CNA positions at our local hospital.  Although I'm not a CNA, but working on pursuing my nursing degree, but I am considering taking a pay cut to do nurse aide work to gain the experience.  Just wondered if anyone else out there did this.  The only thing that scares me is that I've been at home ...

Have Any Of You MTs Been Nurses Or Going Into Nursing?
Aug 14, 2011

I started taking the nursing program at my local college 10 years ago and loved it, but dropped out after a year to get married, bad decision!  So, just looking to see if anyone here has been a nurse or is going into nursing and what they like/dislike about their jobs.  I am also looking into the RN program in the future.  ...

For Those Considering A Switch To Nursing
Jan 14, 2013

Something to consider before you invest in training.  Not saying don't do it, just be aware that you're not guaranteed a job when you graduate. http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/14/news/economy/nursing-jobs-new-grads/index.html?iid=HP_LN&hpt=hp_t2 ...

To Those Posting Below About Becoming A Nursing Aide
Feb 20, 2014

What training did you take?  How long was it?  Was it expensive?  Did you find it easy to get a job after completion?    Thanks. ...

Decision To Go Back To School For Nursing?
Mar 02, 2010

Has anyone made the decision to go back to school for nursing?  I am 45 years old and am seriously considering going to school this fall.  I would be starting from scratch as I have no college education.  I am debating on whether to pursue an associates (RN) or bachelors degree (BSN).  I am wondering if anyone else near my age is doing this and how are they faring.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  ...

Nursing School And Loan Questions
Sep 08, 2011

Anyone seriously considering this?  I am concerned about the money issue, of course.  Did anyone receive a student loan that was enough to pay for books, supplies and have a little extra left over for living?  It's been so long since DH had a student loan, I can't remember anything about that.  I would still work part-time, of course, but that wouldn't put food on the table. I just can't stay in this proffession anymore, have to do something to get out of ...

Does Anyone Think That Coding Is Possibly As Hard As Nursing? SM
Apr 18, 2012

I am 3/4 through the Andrew's coding course and it is HARD!!!  Sometimes I think I wish I went into nursing.  A 2-year degree and you can start (in my area at least) at 30 an hour.  With coding, at my local hospital, they start at 26 an hour for inpatient coders, BUT you need experience!  I feel it may take me a few years to get up to the pay rate of 26/hour, and in between I will have to go back to school to learn ICD-10 and pass even more tests. AND, by the time I am ...

Background Nursing/support Staff
Dec 19, 2012

are at a fever pitch, as usual around the holidays. I seriously don't see how patients get any rest with all of this squealing and shrieking. ...

Thinking Of Going Into Nursing, Seeking Opinions
Jan 05, 2013

I just need opinions.  Due to pay cuts left and right having to complete with India, micromanaging, increasingly having to compete with India for work even within the same MTSOs we work for, having to worry about our USA-only companies being sold to bigger ones that hire offshore workers, continually having great accounts only to be told "oh they're going to VR but you'll still be doing ALL the editing" only to lose your account a month later, etc, I'm just plain sick of this ...

Hoping To Start Nursing In 2015 At 35
Nov 20, 2014

Hoping to start a nursing program.  I am 35 and have been a medical transcriptionist since graduating from high school.  I would like to eventually obtain a Master's in nursing.  I have been planning this for a while (almost two years), but I've been really nervous, so I have kind of put things off.  I think one thing I'm nervous about is it is my first time going to college.  I was trained for medical transcription at a technical school while still in hig ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

Capitalize?
Nov 06, 2009

right-handed woman, a retired foreign service core officer ...

To Capitalize Or Not To Capitalize
Dec 13, 2010

Trying to understand BOS when capitalizing departments.  Doctor says to see cardiology tomorrow.  So is cardiology capitalized?  Anyone have an easy way of remembering the rule on this?  Thx in advance ...

Do I Capitalize?
Jan 19, 2012

I have seen tons of different ways to write the following and am wondering what is the actual correct way?  When using the words "type 2 diabetes mellitus" in a document, do you initial capitilize it or leave it all lowercase?  ...

Capitalize Fallopian? Nm
Mar 17, 2010

? ...

Do You Capitalize Urology?
Jul 30, 2010

I need help with capitalization. I have myself confussed with some of the ruling for departments and services.  With this sentence: The perineum and vagina were prepped and draped and the ureteral stent was placed by urology service.  Do you capitalize urology?  Thank you ...

Capitalize H In Hepatitis?
Jan 23, 2011

Do you capitalize the H in hepatitis C? ...

Why Does Everyone Capitalize Nitinol?
Feb 13, 2014

For those of you who take the time to view this post - I'm banging my head in frustration here!  NITINOL DOES NOT NEED A CAPITAL N!  It is nitinol basket, nitinol wire, nitinol mesh stent...etc, etc. Pull out a ref. book, for Pete's sake!!  There - now i've said my piece, I can go back to correcting the 900 instances of the capital N in the reports i'm auditing.  Does anyone bother to review Feedback?  If so, I wouldn't have to change Nitinol to ...

Scotty Dog, Capitalize Or Not
May 27, 2014

When typing scotty dog view, is this capitalized or not? And is it spelled scotty or scottie? Also, can you give me a reference of where you get your answer please? Thanks! ...

Chopat Strap...capitalize Or Not?
Oct 21, 2009

Chopat strap. tia. I also have seen it as Cho-Pat. ...

Capitalize Army Troop?
Jan 26, 2010

is a 39-year-old active duty Army troop with functional gait abnormality ...

Capitalize Headache Clinic
Feb 01, 2010

woman with a long history of chronic daily headaches, failure of multiple treatments with a visit to the headache clinic of Michigan.   I am thinking--if it were The Michigan Headache Clinic then it would be capital?     ...