A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Type of scar/acronym? - Is is Friday????

Posted: Dec 05, 2013

Dr. describing a previous lumpectomy and axillary scar as "midline s/l PALP scar, healing" could be an acronym.  Anybody every heard anything similar???  Maybe posterior antecubital lateral pectoralsi??????  Just a guess.

Thanks in advance!

palp as in short for palpable? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Acronym
Dec 13, 2010

Does anyone know what  AVHRSO means? It is a procedure for pelvic pain.  I can't seem to find anywhere.   Thank you ...

An Acronym That S/l MAF?
May 16, 2011

The doctor is referring to a patient's medication list in her chart and says please refer to MAF for full details. This one in not familiar to me. Thank you in advance for any help. ...

S/l He Has A Lazy S Scar Where His...
Oct 28, 2011

x ...

Scar Location
Jan 12, 2012

"Patient has a big scar in the right upper quadrant extending from zippy/ziffy sternum to the right flank from his prior gastrectomy." ...

Cleft Lip Scar
Jul 17, 2013

Surgeon preparing to revise cleft lip scar says . . .. He has a tethered scar on the right s/l filtra-crawl status post rt unilateral cleft lip repair. ...

Medical Acronym
Dec 02, 2009

Anyone heard of AYR?  What is it?  HELP! ...

Medical Acronym ? HUF?
Feb 20, 2011

Of course, this is a discharge diagnosis, so I can't just type "HUF" and leave it be.  I can't for the life of me figure out what this might be, and I can't find it anywhere.   The patient has hematuria with pancytopenia and renal failure.  This MD is not an ESL and speaks quite clearly.  He is clearly saying "HUF"!!!  (Actually he is saying HUF/TTP.) Appreciate any help with this.  Thanks.     ...

Thyromegaly Acronym?
Jun 04, 2011

I have a doctor who dictates in the physical exam "Neck is supple, no JVD.  No ATR, no carotid bruit."  I have a sample where someone has typed out "no thyromegaly," but he clearly is not saying that.  I have tried to Google ATR but nothing medical comes up.  I have typed this man several times and usually blank him there but thought I would check here in case anyone has any ideas.  Thanks! ...

SCARE/acronym?
Feb 12, 2012

Patient with a shoulder injury. "Have her practice s/l SCARE, limit her activities.  She is to use ice 15 to 20 minutes bid, preferably tid."  I cannot find an acronym for this, but cannot come up with anything else that will fit into the context. Thank you     ...

APES (acronym)?
Mar 07, 2012

Does anyone know if this is correct? An acronum, sounds like APES or APEF and they are consulting on a hip surgery patient in the hospital! I cannot find it! ...

Acronym For Hyperparathyroidism?
Aug 27, 2012

I dont have an endocrine word book anymore.  Does anyone know what the correct acronyms for hyperparathyroidism and hypoparathyoidism are?  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Acronym Or Abbreviation: SOV
Jul 11, 2013

I need to expand an abbreviation but don't know what it means. Context:  In office visit notes under Plan:  "SOV one week."  Seems like it may refer to a followup visit, but can't find this one.  Anybody know???   Thanks! ...

Rectal Lesion - ? Acronym - Psm
Apr 03, 2012

Rectal exam reveals 2 irritated s/l KOFFA-like lesions noted at the rectum.  These do not appear to be thrombosed hemorrhoids.  A: Probable anorectal HPV. P: Treat with Aldara cream. Thanks for your help. ...

Help With Acronym Please - Used In Ortho Dictation
Jun 21, 2012

He did undergo a right total shoulder replacement in March with excellent outcome. He is very pleased with the result. He does rate himself as a 7, approaching 8 on the SOD scale.    What does SOD stand for?Thank you!! ...

No Burn, Scar, Or Depression Loss ??
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Treatment For Infected Umbilical Scar..sm
Nov 11, 2010

Patient has drainage from a C-section scar from 20 years ago.  Diagnosis is a likely bacterial infection versus fungus.  Treatment with s/l ofloxacin drops 2-3 times daily as well as clotrimazole solution in case of fungal element. Of course, where he says s/l ofloxacin, it is not clear whether or not he's saying the "O" however, the floxacin is clear.  Can anyone verify this?  Does it make sense to use ofloxacin drops in this way?  Or does anyone know of a floxac ...

The Patient Has What S/l An Un-sy-fee Lower Abdominal Scar - SM
May 30, 2013

dr doing a laparoscopic cholecystectomy and cant use his normal incision site because the patient had an un-sy-fee lower abdominal incision so he has to put his ports in another place.  Non-ESL, very clear.  I am sure this is an abbreviation for something or some kind of nickname, but cant come up with anything.  Any ideas...TIA.  ...

On The Right Side Of His Chest, There Is A "hemo Port" Scar.
Nov 18, 2010

? ...

Issued Yellow "dysensesis" With Deeper Scar
Dec 02, 2010

Help!!!   Doing Occupational therapy  and she says   "Issued yellow (s/l) 'disenthesis / dysenthesis(?)' with deeper scar tissue massage' for hand scar.    Please help!!! ...

S.l "osteolaparoscopic" Scar Near The Right Lower Quadrant
Mar 01, 2012

Scar At The "10 11 O'clock" Position...
Feb 23, 2010

This is how it was dictated.  Do I type 10/11 o'clock position or 10 o'clock/11 o'clock position or some other way?  Thanks! ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Type 2 Or Type II Diabetes
Nov 20, 2009

Which is the correct way to type...type 2 or type II diabetes? tia. ...

Anyone Type For Silent Type?
Aug 10, 2010

Wondering if anyone out there has any feedback about working for Silent Type?  I have done the test and have been told I will interview in two weeks when the position becomes available... I think there is a mandatory 2 day training in NJ?  Anyone done this and survived?  How's the pay?  I was considering going to work for MedQuist because they are taking over one of my current IC accounts but after reading in the MedQuist section I think I'll skip that one.  Th ...

All Type Pay?
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone know what pay range All Type starts off at?  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I have a test to complete and before I invest my time taking it, I wanted to get some feedback.  Thanks ahead of time. ...

How Do You Type
Nov 13, 2009

4-ply lift... He has been weightbearing as tolerated in a boot with a full 4-ply lift. tia. ...