A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recent lab studies include an MRI of the head showing flare. Is this flare or FLAIR? ~nm - jb

Posted: Mar 16, 2010

xx

MRI LAB STUDY? - Confused

[ In Reply To ..]
An MRI is not a lab study. But the answer to your question is FLAIR.

'Laboratory Studies' - often used as a general term/heading - covering any kind of testing

[ In Reply To ..]
Including imaging studies.

It is perfectly acceptable to include x-rays, EKGs, Dopplers, etc. as part of a "LAB" section.

flare as in a bright spot - ktwrenn

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I second "flare" - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Work Flow Sent Up The Red Flare.
May 10, 2014

Begging for people to jump on, if okay with their TSM. Ha! Ha! Don't they know, the TSM (at least the last several I have had) will not pick up the phone 10 seconds after their shift, and their shift does not include weekends (apparently from my experience). Maybe they let go a few too many with their 99.7% program. In the group I am in, the work really starts coming in heavy because the doctors do their catch up work at the end of the week. At least for the facilities I do. Bas ...

On Review Of His Skin Prick Test, he Was "5 By 5" With A Flare To Cat Pelt
Nov 21, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to type these results: on review of his skin prick test, he was "5 by 5" with a flare to cat pelt, and short ragweed was "10 by 8" with a flare on pseudopod.  ...

Anyone Heard Of "fem-flare IVF". I Can't Find Anything Close To This.
Mar 16, 2011

thanks much! ...

Physical Exam. "Head Showing S/l Hair A Timbo
Dec 01, 2009

. ...

Wmx New Changes = No Studies Available
May 03, 2011

Everyone must be kicking butt, out of work off and on Sunday, yesterday and today.  Hardly ever out of work.  I guess everyone is hitting it harder to try and make up for lost wages.  I know I have been trying to.  Yesterday and Sunday just ran out of work for short time in a.m.  Today still running out off and on. Hope the rest of the week isn't like this. ...

S/l Carbogram-A Studies???
Nov 19, 2009

Patient has carcinoid syndrome. Last 5-HIAA level was 37.5, more than doubled, and her ____________(s/l carbogram-A) studies have gone from ..... ??? Have looked and looked. Thanx - ngj ...

Electrodiagnostic Studies
Nov 08, 2010

Left S1 lumbar s/l decolopathy. ...

New OOW/No Studies Requirements
May 23, 2014

Anyone else think that the new OOW/No Studies requirements make no sense?  I had seen someone post them on here last week (but I'm sure they were taken down for posting "company information" or whatnot), and got them from my own manager shortly thereafter.  The new requirements make no sense to me and sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through just to say "Hey! I'm out of work!" So, after we send the initial e-mail, clock in and out, etc. (stand on one leg while touching o ...

S/l KPO Mtor Studies
Mar 25, 2015

In a section discussing nerve conduction studies, it states, "s/l KPO motor studies also normal amplitudes of 4 mV left.."  ...

Any Successful Swapboard Studies?
Apr 27, 2010

I have avoided it so far, but due to taking on a second job, I may need to take an hour here or there.  Has it worked for anyone when you are just looking for an hour or 2 at a time? ...

S/l Dielustone Mixing Studies...see More.
May 16, 2013

The plans will be to first obtain "duelustone" mixing studies to rule out a factor deficiency versus an inhibitor.... ...

Normal Iron Studies With A (s/l Version) Of 25
Sep 13, 2010

The sentence is "Normal iron studies with a (s/l version) of 25." Sounds a little like version, burden, something along those lines.  Doctor is almost shouting so the audio is distorting a bit.  I know I'm going to kick myself when I figure this out.  Any thoughts?  Thanks! ...

FLAIR Intensity In The Right "parasagittal, Parietal, Cortical" Regions. How To Type?
Aug 22, 2010

FLAIR intensity in the right parasagittal, parietal, cortical regions.  How to type? ...

Any Recommendations On Questions To Include During
Sep 26, 2012

Am considering a position and have completed the testing process.  Seems there are always after-the-fact issues that people wish they would have known to address before jumping on board.  Would like to get some ideas beforehand if possible.   Thanks in advance for any insight you can share. ...

Please Include Sentence The Word Was Used In (sm)
Jun 10, 2013

I see so many requests for help with words without providing any info but what the word sounded like.  For most of these it isn't possible to help without knowing the sentence used (changing/omitting anything that would be a HIPAA violation, of course).  Other details that could help would be patient's diagnoses, type of specialty or what heading it is under (Past Medical History, Allergies, Medications, Social hx, etc). ...

Are They Supposed To Include The 15-min OOW Punches...
Jan 05, 2015

.. in the "total hours" for the week when calculating our C-LPH?  My 15-min OOW punches from this past week were included in my total hours. If they had NOT included those OOW punches when they were calculating my C-LPH, I would have been put into the next tier... just barely... but I WOULD have made it into the next tier.  I emailed my TSM about it this morning but still haven't heard back yet.  Is this the norm? I could have sworn I read in the handbook that OOW punches are ...

On The "flit" 3D T2 FLAIR Sequence Imaging,
Aug 22, 2010

MRI scan of the brain.  This revealed residual tumor involving the medial basal ganglia and mid and posterior right thalamus.  Following contrast administration, there was no apparent intrinsic enhancement.  Also, on the "flit" 3D T2 FLAIR sequence imaging, ...

Trailing 0's, Is This Just In Meds Or Does It Include Measurements, Like 8.0 Mm? Thx
Jan 15, 2013

I'm a little confused, is this just for drugs, or does it include lab tests and measurements like 8.0 mm? ...

Do QA Percentages Include The Stuff That Is Out Of Our Control?
Jan 21, 2013

I'm an ex-Transcender and when I was approving my time sheet this morning I noticed that my time sheet said my percentage sent to QA was 20.2%.  I have NOT sent this many reports to QA as blanks, but have sent a lot of stuff due to discrepancies, no demographics match, no dictation, etc.  Are they seriously counting stuff that we have NO control over against us for purposes of denying bonuses?  I asked my TSM if that would be the case after we got news of the new pay cuts and ...

Recruiters/MTSOs: Please Include More Detail In Your Hiring Ads
Oct 14, 2014

and the time of tech support people trying to do installs,  only to find out that the ICs computer doesn't have the required version of Windows or whatever to support your platforms. This is something we should know right up front,  along with line rates and such, before we even waste our time testing,  waste your and our time interviewing, and waste everyone's time in general,  only to find out our computer is not compatible with your platform. You've lost a ...

Help! This Is A Diagnostic Report And Does Not Include Past Medical Sm
Feb 28, 2015

history or any actual conditions.  Medication s/l Imodium lac D??? Possible that it is Imodium, s/l lac D (or maybe not Imodium at all and it is one word?) omeprozole is in list so he does have stomach issues.  I'm stumped.  Extremely fast dictator!!! ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

Do Our Lines Per Hour Include Or Exclude Inactive Time?
Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted? ...

Chronic Medical Illnesses Include *patent* Cardiac Valve.
Oct 29, 2009

nm tia   ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

"Ice" FLAIR SIGNAL
Jun 14, 2011

Radiographic imaging noted some s/l ice flare signal.... Any help? ...

Reports Not Showing Up
Feb 05, 2010

Doesnt look like the reports are rolling around in DQM for some reason. ...

Schedule Not Showing Up
Aug 25, 2010

Does anyone know if your schedule is not showing up in teamwork if it matters or not??  Since lockout is not in place I do not know if this is a big deal or not.  I It was always there until just recently.  I do have a new ccm so maybe it got lost in the shuffle. TIA ...

What Are These Non-s Markers Showing Up Now? Sm
Oct 31, 2010

Since the new upgrade 3 days ago, the ASR reports are showing continuously these red non-s markers....   Annoying.  And I don't hear in the report any lapses of time.   I thought this was supposed to be something that was manually put in, so my guessing is Yes, we are editing ILP work!!!!   Oh well, I am just ecstatic I now have high speed internet and now no longer at the mercy of dial up on top of NJA and other problems.   I actually do li ...

Is Is Just Me Or Is The Latest Post Showing From Oct 20? Sm
Oct 23, 2009

I just switched browsers to Mozilla Firefox, as I was having trouble seeing the posts at all.....Does anyone else use Firefox and read the board just fine?  I hope I don't have to switch browers again. ...