A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Proofing of vasectomy procedure - Mary

Posted: Nov 19, 2009

I was wondering if someone could quickly proof and give me feedback on a vasectomy procedure.  This was a doctor with quite an accent and I am not terribly famiilar with some of the terminology for this type of procedure. 

The left vas was grasped with a towel clip through the skin and a short linear incisoni was made down to the vas and the vas was cleaned of adventitial tissue.  Cautery was used to control the bleeding of the skin and around the vas.  The proximal end of the vas leading to the prostate had a lumen (?) cauterized.  The end was cauterized as well as the vessels.  Cautery was used on the testicular end only for the adventitous vessels. The lumen was not cauterized. A fascial imposition was done with 4-0 chromic. 

it is particularly the section on the cauterization that I struggled with.  Thanks for your feedback! 

imposition - should be

[ In Reply To ..]
imposition s/b apposition, last sentence

vasectomy...sm - babs

[ In Reply To ..]
I would say fascial interposition.

Vasectomy, No Scalpel: Treatment & Medication - eMedicine Clinical ... May 21, 2009 ... Suture, 4-0 (eg, chromic or polyglycolic acid [Dexon]; optional; .... Fascial interpositioning between the cut vas ends further

Similar Messages:

Procedure Report For Nuclear Medicine Procedure, And After All Is Set To Go, PROCEDURE IS ABORTED.
Oct 08, 2010

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:  Brachytherapy implant. Now, where does "PROCEDURE ABORTED" go, so patient isnt charged for it, etc, and no errors are made? And, should it be all caps? In name of procedure or as a separate "Please Note:" Its dictated as name of procedure but Dr. is indecisive and stutters dictation ambiguously. ...

Vasectomy
Nov 26, 2012

I can't figure out what this word is.  I can't even really make out what it exactly sounds like! This is a bilateral vasectomy report.  Here is the sentence: The incision was not closed and will close by permitension. It s/l it ends in "tension" and starts with "perm-ary."   Thanks in advance.  ...

Vasectomy - S/l Inter...... Segment
Jun 13, 2015

Vasectomy procedure note.   "Mucosa cautery was performed on both the testicular and abdominal end after cutting out an inter----- segment."   and  "then proceeded to perform mucosal cautery on both the testicular and then the abdominal end after cutting out the inter--- segment." Two different files, same _____ in both.  Help! ...

Permanent Sterilization: Essure, S/l Iana, IUDs, And Vasectomy
Aug 17, 2010

Anyone know what this may be? S/l "I-ana" Not Mirena...Sentence says, "We discussed Essure, I-ana, IUDs, and vasectomy. TIA ...

Procedure Of Ankle Sx,, S/l Brostin, Berostin, Perostin Procedure
Oct 24, 2009

I have a patient who had a px of her ankle. The doctor did not give any hx of injury or any symptoms, just stated that she had a left ankle arthroscopy and what sounds like a Brostin procedure of her ankle? Anyone ever hear of this? Thank you so much in advance! Forgive my giddiness today but I havent' had a lot of sleep in the past several days and I do get giddy with little sleep. For some reason, one of my mom's most famous sayings just came to mind: "From the day of your ...

Proofing
Oct 20, 2009

would anybody proof for 2 cents per line?  that seems awfully low to me so just looking for some feedback.  ...

Proofing Your Work
Feb 24, 2010

Yikes, I am glad I proof my work.  The physician dictated "palpation reveals a firm mass";  I had typed "firm mass (but without the M in mass)".   I am relieved that I caught it! ...

Proofing Tips
Jun 01, 2012

Would anyone be willing to share their proofreading tips. I find that VR requires a much higher level of concentration and focus to catch errors. The text on the screen can become a blur. After a couple of hours it is so easy to "hear" what the voice engine blew out and not catch a small but significant error. I am finding that something that needs to be deleted from the text is actually harder to catch than something that needs to be changed or added. Any tips would be helpful. I do see m ...

Safely Elminate Proofing?
Aug 10, 2010

I have read on here before that some people do not proof (only as they go) before sending their reports.  I am wondering if there is really a safe way to do that? I always proof and most often finding something wrong.  Sometimes I accidentally use an incorrect expander.  When I am typing and reading as I go, I see it expanding but don't notice it is the wrong thing until I go back and proof.  Other times I skip over a word, which is a pain, because when proofing I am of ...

Why Would My Reports Suddenly Go Through Proofing?
Jan 10, 2013

Haven't failed an audit, tier 3, and suddenly my reports are going through proofing today. And the only changes made are those preference ones where it doesn't matter anyway... (I still don't get why a proofer would waste time changing stuff that doesn't make a difference.) Crazy... ...

Compensation For Research, Proofing, And Demos?
Dec 11, 2012

So I guess that was just legal boilerplate for CYA, since there were no pay changes for EditScript.  Like what we're paid per line automatically includes enough "extra" to cover for these duties, supposedly.  "Base Pay Program Philosophy .... Compensates for all time spent typing and editing reports; to include researching, proofing, and demographics" (I always screenshot these conferences/presentations, since we never get any written/e-mail followup that includes all the ...

Proofing Advice Needed Badly
May 03, 2013

I badly need your tips on proofing and what works for you.  I was always taught (sorry, old school) to type your document and then proof the entire thing, but that takes a long time, especially when documents are 30+ minutes long.  Using that method I do not get any errors.  But I am told I need to speed up, so I tried THEIR way of proofing as I go along, but last night made many errors, ugh!  What works for you?  Your tricks?  Your methods? Any tips on speeding up, ...

Anyone Transition To MT/Editor To Copy Proofing Or Editing Non-medical?
Mar 09, 2015

Just wondering if anyone has been able to cross over to that field?  I'm currently working on my first proof/editing job for a novel written by a family member for free as a favor to them and really enjoy that type of work versus the structured MT/Editor work I've done for over a decade.  I would love to get out of MT all together if possible and was wondering if any of you were able to make that transition.  Thanks in advance! ...

T&A Procedure
Sep 18, 2010

Anyone heard of an Eve forceps?  Can't seem to find it anywhere.  I find EVE endoscope, but nothing for Eve forceps.  Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks ...

Procedure
Dec 08, 2011

S/L  Kocher-Kahtel procedure, mobilizing the pancreas  -- Kahtel is the problem child here!  TIA ...

FAT Procedure?
May 08, 2012

cardiac doc - "Patient post complex mitral valve repair - probably the FAT procedure"? (he spells it too) ...

SLP Procedure
Jun 22, 2012

for cervical dysplasia ...

NJA Procedure
Nov 22, 2012

Concerning below about how to report NJA, I was always told and still do it this way:  No work for 15 minutes, off clock, then I fill out a Remedy slip.  My CCM has not told us to do anything different.  Two weeks ago we had no work on a Saturday and I did it this way. ...

OOW Procedure?
Mar 31, 2015

I'm so confused. When OOW the most recent e-mail I had gotten said to clock out of production hours and back in under OOW for no more than 15 minutes as to not affect your line counts.... I am not seeing anywhere how to clock back in under OOW. I only see under tasks you can choose production, calls, etc. Can someone please explain how to do this so you aren't under production hours?? How do you all do it?? I have been OOW a few times and at 15 minutes each that would be 45 minutes and ...

Surgical Procedure
Nov 05, 2009

Under past medical history, s/l "Y" or "wide" procedure for aortic blockage. Can't find either relating to surgery.  Help? ...

CT Angiogram Procedure
Nov 24, 2009

Doctor is dicating a CT angiogram procedure.  He states that a larger gauge "ID" needed to be placed?  It sounds like ID.  Any suggestions?  ...

Cardiovascular Procedure
Feb 01, 2010

s/l  SA-HEE wire...   Appreciate any help.  Thank's for your time. ...

Stage Procedure?
Mar 27, 2010

This is a endarterectomy on a carotid artery.  s/l stage or maybe study procedure was done. ...

Bias Procedure
May 13, 2010

The patient is status post Bias or BIAS procedure for cholecystitis.  The doctor spells it with at least a capital B.  I can't find any reference to it.  Thanks.  ...

S/L WATTS PROCEDURE
Jun 16, 2010

the word s/l "Watts" procedure He is also going to need a ____procedure with mediastinoscopy to obtain a diagnosis of the lung mass ...

Ortho Procedure
Aug 09, 2010

s/l  tril op (?) procedure for extensor mechanism realignment of right knee thanks. ...

Coiling Procedure
Sep 02, 2010

They repeated the angiogram.  They noticed an evolving pseudoaneurysm.  For this reason, Dr. *** was brought into the case, and he performed a coiling of the pseudoaneurysm.  During this process, the patient received five units of intra-arterial tissue plasminogen activator times two, and post coiling angiogram of the s/l intracranial cecalation apparently looked very good. ...

LEEP Procedure
Sep 22, 2010

Question is s/l Lugall.  He used it twice and not quite sure what he is saying, but s/l Lou-gulll   GROSS PATHOLOGY:  s/l Lugall finds take up at the 12 o’clock position.  Biopsy slightly toward the 1 o’clock position.   PROCEDURE:  With the patient’s permission and proper time out the bivalve speculum was put in place and Lugall used and then cetacaine ... ...

VATS Procedure...see More
Oct 14, 2010

based upon minimal experience with VATS s/l manifplication procedure she should best be evaluated ... definately not just plication procedure. ...

SVD Closure Procedure
Nov 23, 2010

s/l corday, i.e., a significant amount of "corday" coming across the superior portion of the SVD. ...