A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pain patch: s/l "birthday" patches? - Beth

Posted: Aug 11, 2011

I'm sure this one is super easy, but I just can't get "birthday" out of my head, and nothing else is coming to mind.  Patient has localized back pain and the doc is suggesting "topical pain patches, such as <birthday> patches"... 

I feel just stupidly stumped on this one. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

BuTrans Patch?? - cm

[ In Reply To ..]
perhaps BuTrans Patches

Sorry, got it. - Beth

[ In Reply To ..]
It was Flector patches, which sounds nothing like birthday. I think my ears are playing tricks on me today.

Got it. "Flector" patches - Beth

[ In Reply To ..]
I know, I know, sounds nothing like "birthday". I listened and listened and finally got what maybe sounded like "fleppic" and went from there.

It's one of those days, I think.

Similar Messages:

Birthday And Now Doctor Calls In ALL His Work...
Jan 09, 2013

So I have been slower than usual this week, and he picks my birthday to bury me in a week's worth of work (along with my other accounts he knows)..... urgh. I see this physician as a patient, and they know.... gosh...darn. Where was he anytime last week or this week but today.... now canceled plans to eat dinner at the computer. ...

Pedi Note ~ Pirate's Patches?
Jan 28, 2010

Doing the physical exam portion of a SOAP note: "...has a sore throat in the morning and she has increased pirate's patches and a little bit of postnasal drip."  I've never heard this before? Anyone?  ...

J-patch?
Nov 09, 2009

patient had an abdominal colectomy and "J patch"  can't find J patch anywhere? ...

I Did The Patch Fix, 6.123 Or Whatever.......
Oct 20, 2010

I did notice the physician lookup sped up. However, that annoying copying of the same line you just typed still happens. I thought they were going to fix ALL the snags? Anyone else have this problem, where the line you just typed gets repeated like this the line you just typed gets repeated like this the line you just typed gets repeated like this So annoying. You can go up to the top of the page and then cursor back down and it usually gets rid of it temporarily, but just another snag ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

Prescribed "Lidol" Patches For The Hip - Any Guesss??
Dec 02, 2014

nm ...

Lidoderm Patch
Aug 05, 2010

Under meds, the patient is on a Lidoderm patch 200(s/l pounds)/acetaminophen 10/325 q. 6 - rarely takes. Pounds could also be cones or pretty much anything else.  I can't really tell anything besides the "s" at the end.  I couldn't find anything online that might match up. ...

Verifite Patch
Oct 16, 2011

s/l Verifite patch twice daily ...

Nissen/cruoplasty Patch Name
Nov 13, 2009

S/L BioWay absorbable patch - cannot document this.  Anyone ever hear of this?  TIA. ...

Stratus Interposition Patch?
Jan 21, 2012

Can someone please help? I am doing a report where the doc dictates s/l Stratus interposition patch 6 times in the report and I cannot locate this anywhere. It is for abdominal flap closure. Thanks! ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

Transannular Patch With Moderate S/l Horn Regurgitation.
May 07, 2010

nm ...

Pt. Rates Pain 9/10 On The "Verbal Analog Pain Scale"??? I Can't Document This, Help:
Nov 18, 2014

nm ...

In List Of Medications....s/l *Fibrel Or Vibrel" Patch. No Other Information Given.
May 25, 2010

x ...

In Her RUE She Has Sensation Intact Over The S/l "police" Patch In The C4 Distribution....
Aug 08, 2010

The dictator is an orthopedist, he is doing an orthopedic consultation. Musculoskeletal examination demonstrates the patient to be neurosensory intact in the bilateral upper and lower extremities. In her right upper extremity she has sensation intact over the s/l "police" or "pleese" patch in the C4 distribution, as well as the remainder of the upper extremity with C5-T1 distributions. I have been up since 2:30 this morning with my autistic son and my mind is just blank! I cannot understand wh ...

A S/l "leave In" Patch For BKA Ulcer?
Dec 17, 2010

Thanks! ...

"mall Patch"?
Jun 29, 2010

I'm still a student, and in my transcription the doctor says "A small mall patch is seen emanating from the cervical canal."  I've looked the term up and I keep seeing it in quotation marks.  Is "mall patch" not the correct term for whatever a mall patch is? Is it just descriptive? Is it supposed to be in quotation marks? Please help! Thanks! :) ...

"Patch Fix" For MQ
Mar 28, 2011

Guess what else came with the "fix download?"  Something called hyperion planning, go check that out.  Another one called hyperion analyzer java web client.  I wonder what they've got up their sleeve now?  I deleted all of them. ...

QA Pain
Nov 29, 2009

Anyone have any ideas about how to tell off a pain-in-the-a** Q/A who takes any opportunity to send stupid comments without losing your job - and definitely putting her in her place!!!  I'm sick of her nonsense.  Or is it that all Q/As know they have the upper hand???? Thanks.   ...

S/l Pain At The ??bu??
Apr 29, 2011

Help.   s/l pain at the ??bu?? pain scales are evaluated and are negative. ...

Arm Pain
Sep 01, 2011

So all I had to do was walke up one morning about a week ago and my arm throbbed.  Lots of pain between the wrist and elbow and can feel it any time I move my fingers or use my mouse.  Anyone have any ideas how to deal with this?  I'm about to go nuts with this constant ache/pain. ...

S/l Pan Spinal Pain
Oct 29, 2009

history of ulcerative colitis status post colectomy who has panspinal pain and migraine headaches.  ...

S/l Exiac Pain
Nov 24, 2009

No other real info.  All he says about this is - s/l Exiac pain is improved. ...

Back Pain
Dec 08, 2009

This patient is in for groin pain, diagnosis of hip early degenerative arthritis, DR states in HPI that she has a "history of s/l shark lordosis" Under PE he states she has "no sensory deficits of lower extremity except for baseline s/l stockings of glove distribution secondary to her s/l shark-loida peripheral neuropathy." I know that makes no sense but this DR sounds like he had a long night last night and may still have some substances running through his system.  LOL He is usually ver ...

Fluro Pain
Apr 08, 2010

I am working on a Orthopedic report and it sounds like the doctor is dictating that the patient has severe fluro pain. I have not heard of "fluro" pain. Is this slang for another term? The patient has rhuematoid arthritis.  ...

Pain Scales And AAA
May 19, 2010

I need help please!   I think in the past I had read in BOS that when dictator is saying 1-2 out of 10 on pain scale it should be 1/10-2/10.   Can anyone verify correct way please? Cannot find in my BOS.    ALso dictator is saying "triple A surgery".  Should that be typed as AAA or triple A?    Thank you! ...

Finger Pain
Jun 25, 2010

Hi, everyone. I'm sure that this is a common problem in the transcription field, but I was hoping someone had some sort of remedy. I've been typing every day for the past couple of weeks about 9 hours a day and one of my fingers (the one I use for the Backspace key) is really starting to hurt every time I push down on it. It's right at the second knuckle on the digit and it's starting to become problematic. Any suggestions from more experienced MTs? Thanks. ...

Anortion Of Pain?
Oct 14, 2010

This addressed s/l anortion of her pain.   Help Please!!! ...

Pain Medication
Feb 16, 2011

s/l "me aze"  It is alternated with Vicodin for knee pain. ...