A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Orthopedic test for knee - hb

Posted: May 14, 2011

This is a _____ for an orthopedic test for the knee that i cannot find anywhere.  All help would be appreciated.  

Doc says, "Anterior/posterior drawer negative, McMurray negative, _____ negative."  It sounds like fes-a-leese or at least fes---- something.  HELP!!!!!

could doc be saying Apley's?? - jmn

[ In Reply To ..]

Nope. - hb

[ In Reply To ..]
Nope. It definitely sounds like it starts with an F sound or Ph sound.

valgus or varus? - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

cr - FABERs?

[ In Reply To ..]
http://sites.google.com/site/medicaltranscriptionwordhelp/orthopedic-tests-word-list-for-medical-transcriptionists

Fabere test or sign - Liza

[ In Reply To ..]
Fabere test or sign

Knee Test - SS

[ In Reply To ..]
Dear HB: Listen for "fabere sign," which is Patrick's test.

Knee Test - medtran4

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure you have found this by now..but for future Wheeless' Textbook for Orthopedics is a great site.

Similar Messages:

Orthopedic Knee Surgery
Feb 05, 2011

sounds like planka syndrome, or plankton? ...

Orthopedic Test Question
Mar 06, 2014

Patient has right shoulder pain. PE section dictated as: "Neels and Jobs" tests are positive. ...

S/L Quotch's Click Test? Orthopedic...
Oct 08, 2011

Doing orthopedics, wrist exam, s/l "Quotch's click test." Searched my books and googled for soundalikes with click and with quick test.  TIA - Deb ...

NUMBER 4 SIGNS? Orthopedic Test For The Back. Actual Dictation Below...
Dec 15, 2009

Equally performs NUMBER FOUR SIGNS with assistance of his upper extremities.    Could this be putting the ankle in the back of the opposite knee to create a "4" sign?  Never heard of this... ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Has An **A1** Lachman's Test
Aug 14, 2011

x ...

Positive S/l FALACY Test For Knee - Meniscus Tear?? Maybe Hearing TH?
Apr 26, 2012

TIA! ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Was Unable To Tolerate A S/l **prone Bow** Or **val** Test.
Aug 28, 2011

x ...

The Patient Has A Negative "speciley" Test Of The Knee?? Anyone Know? Nm
Jan 30, 2015

nm ...

S/l Ac-knee-ik /hi-pok-knee-ik, Full Sentence In Sm, TIA!
Nov 14, 2011

Frequent ackneic-hypokneic episodes were recorded as were epileptiform potentials. ...

Knee Complaints S/l "back Knee" And Buckle
Dec 03, 2009

doc says pt complaining of knee wanting to s/l "back knee" and buckle.  ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Orthopedic
Jun 10, 2015

Can someone verify for me the correct way to transcribe this -first dorsal compartment or 1st dorsal compartment?   Also - please give where to verify/prove this if you can.   Thanks! ...

Orthopedic Testing
Nov 12, 2009

This surgeon dictates the same over and over in multiple reports, and I cannot understand what type of testing this is.  "s/l Manuar test reveals 5/5 strength in forward elevation, external rotation, internal rotation, and abduction." "s/l The remainder of Manuar assessment exam of left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength throughout all major muscle groups." I thought about the possibility of manual test, but that just does not sound like what he is saying.  Thanks so much! ...

Orthopedic Or Orthopaedic?
Dec 01, 2009

I see it both ways and don't use it much myself but it always makes me wonder which is "proper" and why?  Or is it just a matter of preference? thank you. ...

New Orthopedic Account
Jan 18, 2010

pain in her "disoriusembi ciftom"? on her arm? ...

Orthopedic Term Help Please
Mar 05, 2010

I know this is something small and silly but she says it twice and it sounds the same way to me.  It is an ER report on a pt with knee pain.    There is pain to palpation of the anterior portion of the patellar area radiating down into the s/l "empatellar" tendon area.  Or inpatellar, or enpatellar.  Any ideas? ...

ORTHOPEDIC REFERENCES
Mar 26, 2010

I am going to start doing orthopedics next week and I am just wondering does anyone have any reference websites they would share. Thanks in advance. ...

Orthopedic Work Help
Jun 11, 2010

Doctor said "She is status post (s/l atomization) of gamma nail".  Any clues?  TIA.     ...

Orthopedic Help Please, S/l Seduction
Aug 03, 2010

The limb was then carried through a range of motion and showed no impingement in the young patient, and s/l seduction with an acromioplasty was indicated with no evidence of a rotator cuff tear. I have listened to this about 30 times and can't figure out what he is saying. There is a slight ESL so that is making it more difficult. thanks for any help! ...

Orthopedic Transcription Ad
Aug 10, 2010

Did anyone answer this ad for Orthopedic Transcription on Job Seeker's Board? ...

Orthopedic Word Help Please (sm)
Jun 23, 2011

She is nontender at the AC joint and has a negative S/L Pacino's test.   TIA ...

Orthopedic MT Position
Sep 09, 2010

Yesterday on the job seeker's board, there was an ad looking for an orthopedic MT and it is no longer there.  Could this have been a scam?  Now I'm nervous because I sent my resume.  I believe the contact person's name was Jana Williamson and the email address was girlscoutjkw@sbcglobal .net.  Does anyone know anything about this position?  TIA ...

Orthopedic Term...(sm)
Sep 25, 2010

I can't figure this out...it's an orthopedic term referable to the hip area and it sounds like "praxa grava."  I know it's probably something I've heard, but the way she is saying it I can't even think of what it might be.  TIA. ...

Orthopedic X-ray Term
Oct 17, 2010

X-rays of the shouler, outlet view and s/l Pacey view, but could it be AC or AP view?  show excellent resection.   thanks. ...

Orthopedic Word
Dec 02, 2010

Anybody ever heard of s/l Chantz's lines, Shantz's  lines?? For an infant with hip dysplasia and wearing a Pavlik harness ...

Orthopedic Report
Dec 14, 2010

How do you type 3 out of 5 biceps strength in an orthopedic consultation?  Thank you. ...

Orthopedic... Please See Message
Jan 25, 2011

The doc is saying "She has a negative FABER(s)."  Should it be FABER or FABER's?  Also, is there such a thing as a "cool" effusion?  The doc is saying the patient has a "small s/l cool effusion in the right knee." Thanks so much. ...

Orthopedic Instrument Help
Feb 07, 2011

The sentence is "There was some chondral debris in the suprapatellar pouch that we carefully evacuated with a shutter".  Clearly sounds like shutter but I can't find this anywhere.  ...