A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Modified Barium Swallow - NCMT

Posted: Sep 11, 2011

MODIFIED BARIUM SWALLOW

Patient was given thin liquids, nectar-thickened liquids, pudding, mechanical soft tissues and chopped meats. In the oral phase there is decreased lingual range of motion, coordination and decreased _____. 

Sounds like he is saying "dentition". 

Modified barium swallow - sm - greenie

[ In Reply To ..]
First - are you sure he said mechanical soft TISSUES? And not food? Dentition could be correct....Not sure about the soft tissue thing. Never heard that one.

LOL, sorry you are right - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Should be mechanical soft and chopped meats. Dang macros!

modified barium swallow - radtypist

[ In Reply To ..]
Dentition refers to number of teeth.
Maybe it would fit, but I wonder if deglutition makes more sense.

MBS - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just looking around on google - do you think it might be sensation? Dentition does not make any sense to me.

I don't know either guys. - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
But thanks for the input. It just didn't sound like Deglutition, but could have been. Makes sense since it means swallowing.

Waiting for QA feedback. I will let you all know what it ends up being. Thanks again!

Barium Swallow -sm - radtrans

[ In Reply To ..]
I have transcribed BE's for years deglutition is very common in a BE. Let us know what QA says.

barium swallow - mik

[ In Reply To ..]
This is late, but I hear this all the time - decreased movement and strength, but does not match you s/l.

Similar Messages:

Barium Swallow
Sep 01, 2011

having problems, doctor dictates "PROCEDURE: Swallowing study with (s/l fake???) barium. Fake barium? It doesn't make sense. any help would be great. ...

EGD Questions....The Patient Had A Barium Esophogram Showing
Jan 14, 2011

moderate reflux and delay in "transit" (is that the correct word??)  of the barium pill through the distal esphogus.  There were also a significant S/l "tush-i-rary" contractions in the distal esophagus showing delay in "transit."  ...

Help! 100-mile-an-hour Resident! S/l BE (is That Barium Enema?) Examination For Colovesical Fistula
Sep 10, 2010

.. ...

Right Modified Radical Mastectomy
Feb 15, 2010

Please help!!  Operative report - right modified radical mastectomy.  Doctor says "The axillary vein was then cleaned along it's course, bringing down all the surrounding "adentenial"?? tissue inferiorly with this specimen.    Please help if you can, I've looked for everything that makes sense. ...

Right Modified Radical Mastectomy -again!
Feb 15, 2010

Okay, this doctor is driving me crazy!  Operative report - right modified radical mastectomy -  Doctor says "The axillary "infarct"? and "adventissar"? was carefully brought down with the specimen."   HELP!! ...

Modified S/l Stein Interspace Release
Apr 07, 2010

This is a bunionectomy and he is saying, a modified s/l stein interspace release was performed in standard fashion.  I can't verify "stein" anywhere.  ...

Modified Shoulder Reduction Technique
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone familiar with a type of shoulder reduction technique for dislocated shoulder?  Sounds like the doc is saying modified "Stitz" technique.    ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

Hand Operation, Sounds Like Modified *sujima* Stitch
Jul 12, 2011

XXX ...

Modified Kujima Stitch Using A #2 FiberWire Was Passed Up The Achilles...Anyone Heard Of Kujimi Stit
Mar 04, 2010

xx ...

Open Hernia Repair, S/l Modified "bessina" Technique.
Jan 07, 2015

We then proceeded to primarily repair the inguinal floor using a modified "bessina or bethina" technique using Ethibond 2-0 situres. ...

Modified "Osler Shilobac Difficulty Questionnaire"
Sep 14, 2012

This is SO garbled!  Any help appreciated. ...

One More - S/l "Tillaway" Modified Seldinger Technique - Nm
Dec 09, 2010

Thank you! ...

GYN: Modified "Markovitz" Procedure?--nm
Dec 04, 2009

:) ...

Modified Maze Procedure, Is Maze Capitalized Or Not
Jul 23, 2014

I have a really old cardiovascular/pulmonary book and it shows maze is not capitalized.  I'm new to VR and it is always capitalizing maze, so who is right?  Modified maze procedure or modified Maze procedure...I'm betting on the book.  TIA ...