A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

barium swallow - klrc

Posted: Sep 01, 2011

having problems, doctor dictates "PROCEDURE: Swallowing study with (s/l fake???) barium.

Fake barium? It doesn't make sense.

any help would be great.

sm - JoeSchmeaux

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to do barium swallow studies all the time. It's been a while, but I don't recall ever hearing "fake." However, they do use different consistency foods during the test (liquid, soft, cracker, etc.), so could it be "cake?" It's a stretch... but I tried.

Have a good one.

Thick??? - Poor MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thick barium - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Modified Barium Swallow
Sep 11, 2011

MODIFIED BARIUM SWALLOW Patient was given thin liquids, nectar-thickened liquids, pudding, mechanical soft tissues and chopped meats. In the oral phase there is decreased lingual range of motion, coordination and decreased _____.  Sounds like he is saying "dentition".  ...

EGD Questions....The Patient Had A Barium Esophogram Showing
Jan 14, 2011

moderate reflux and delay in "transit" (is that the correct word??)  of the barium pill through the distal esphogus.  There were also a significant S/l "tush-i-rary" contractions in the distal esophagus showing delay in "transit."  ...

Help! 100-mile-an-hour Resident! S/l BE (is That Barium Enema?) Examination For Colovesical Fistula
Sep 10, 2010

.. ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...