A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In the HEENT Exam: Bilateral TMs s/l FOR - starstruck

Posted: Nov 26, 2010

Doc says Bilateral TMs s/l FOR or OR. Any ideas?

WAG -- clear ?? (nm) - XanaX

[ In Reply To ..]
bilateral TMs clear (?)

FOR? Maybe the doc's abbreviation for "free of residue"? just guessing. - nycmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I would transcribe it as dictated. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

as would i, but the OP was ?-ing if it was F-O-R or O-R. - nycmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

no one appears to know - though

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Heent Exam
Jan 22, 2015

Patient with possible TIA.  HEENT EXAM:  "he did not have _____" sounds like "dove's eye" "dowsa" Thanks in advance for help ...

Question About HEENT Exam.
Feb 19, 2013

HEENT:  Unremarkable.  (Coddle?) hole is intact. ...

HEENT Exam: S/L No Peri?? Edema
Feb 19, 2010

doc states...HEENT is unremarkable. No proptosis. No S/l peri?? edema. I definetly hear the peri...just not sure what is next.   ...

Today's HEENT Exam Funny
Sep 12, 2010

Dictated: Eyes: Extraocular muscles intact.  He has bilateral Marcus Aurelius.  Tympanic membranes are okay. Transcribed:  Eyes:  Extraocular muscles intact.  He has bilateral arcus senilis.  Tympanic membranes are okay. first time a Roman empirer has made an appearance in my transcription! This was not even VR! ...

Bilateral S/l Palm O Mental Release (reflex Exam) N/m
Oct 12, 2009

n/m ...

Elderly Male HEENT Exam: He Has Mild *lannel Fimur.* Thanks. Nm
Jul 15, 2010

nm ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

S/l "sinavia Atraumatic" In HEENT Exam Of Pulmonology Report
Jan 04, 2011

Pediatric pulmonology report. In the physical examination, HEENT, he states "the patient has a normal ____.  The tympanic membranes are normal bilaterally."   s/l he is saying "sinavia atruamatic" but I can't find anything relating either to the sinuses or even using synovia. Thanks for the help. ...

"HEENT Exam Reveals No"... S/l Ther-a-opt-ta-my?
Dec 08, 2009

"HEENT exam reveals no"... s/l ther-a-opt-ta-my? ...

Sounds Like "mulumpatee" On HEENT Exam
Feb 24, 2011

Doing an ENT exam on a morbidly obese patient who is deemed not to be a good surgical risk because of ENT exam showing "mulumptee" 3-4. ...

Bilateral Groin Or Bilateral Groins, Which One Is Correct? Nm
Jun 10, 2013

nm ...

Bilateral Lower Extremity VS. Bilateral Lower Extremities
Oct 18, 2012

Hi all, There is a discrepancy with the proper use of this - can anyone help? Some at my work are saying it should be bilateral lower extremities, whereas others think it is bilateral lower extremity since the "bilateral" implies that it's plural and hence no need to say "lower extremities." I've seen it both ways, but the more that I think about it the more I'm getting myself confused. Any input would be greatly appreciated! ...

Bilateral ?
Sep 24, 2012

He will receive an endocrine consultation and get appropriate labs due to his young age and bilateral s/l "skiffies"  ? Note:  Procedure is BILATERAL SLIPPED CAPITAL FEMORAL EPIPHYSIS.  Thanks.  ...

Help With HEENT:
Nov 09, 2009

HEENT: Unremarkable: there is sclimericterous or archis cinilis. Extraocular movement was within normal limits. ...

HEENT Help
Jun 21, 2010

HEENT:  A nasal s/l corium, right s/l pupea measuring 4 cm, the left 2 cm. ...

HEENT Help Please?
Oct 12, 2012

HEENT heading. Sound like the doc is saying, Eyes, pupils 2 and reactive. 2? Thanks! ...

Please Help: S/l My/la/sia Of Bilateral Shoulders
May 24, 2010

dictator listed this earlier in reference to shoulder pain and now says it again in diagnoses.    S/l mylaysias or myelasias involving bilateral upper extremity, involving bilateral shoulders.  ...

HEENT Terminology
Nov 06, 2009

Patient has pain in the right submandibular triangle. It is recommended that he have a "sialadenosubmandibular duct endoscopy." Is there such a term? Thanks. ...

HEENT Word Help
Nov 22, 2013

HEENT: s/l paravoltema? Dr. is saying, no paravoltema any help would be appreciated, thanks ...

HEENT Vs HENT
Jan 18, 2015

I think my problem with this issue is that once you are "caught" by QA/QC and given a 1.0 deduction (by which I mean I had the universally accepted HEENT and they heard HENT, thus I was docked 1.0 for that), I now must either listen carefully to determine if they are saying HENT or HEENT, then put one or the other, then still have a chance that my reviewer will give me the error because they hear something different. If there is obviously ears and eyes that one is easy, but oftentimes it DOES s ...

Pt Had Bilateral Myringoplasties. Doc Says "both
Aug 19, 2010

x ...

Bilateral Axillary S/l Psudenectomies
Jan 21, 2011

patient has hyperhidrosis. plastic surgeon plans to perform "bilateral axillary s/l psudenectomies" google wont come up with anything...tia ...

'protracted' Bilateral Leg Edema
Feb 14, 2011

'protracted' bilateral leg edema Does this sound correct? I can clearly hear that in the dictation to me but my tired ears and eyes do not think it is right. Thanks!   ...

Bilateral Spluringo-oophorectomy
May 26, 2012

Man, this particular NPT drives me insane.  ...

Arcasenillis? Was Noted (under HEENT)
Nov 02, 2009

NM ...

HEENT S/l Gershin Normal?
Feb 19, 2011

HEENT s/l gershin normal? ...

HEENT: No _______ory Findings.
Mar 25, 2011

Any idea what this could be on a cardiac consult? HEENT:  No _____ory findings.   Thanks!!! ...

HEENT: CC Are Plethoric - Does Anyone Know What The CC Stands For?
Aug 23, 2011

"HEENT:  CCs are plethoric. Sclerae are anicteric."  Anyone know what the "CC" might stand for?  TIA! ...

Blank All HEENT/HENT!!!
Jan 06, 2015

From now on, I am blanking HEENT/HENT any time I am not 100%, absolutely, positively sure of what the doctor says.  Especially if they don't say anything at all (which is the usual).  This is utter ridiculousness and I am not going to risk a QA (or QC or whatever it is!)'s subjective opinion about whether a dictator said (or meant) one E or two!  What's next?  If they only dictate a finding on the right lung, do we have to label it as "RIGHT LUNG:" instead of ...

HEENT/HENT Crap
Jan 08, 2015

When I requested reversal over getting gigged on this I spelled my thoughts out pretty thoroughly but don't know how far up the chain of holiness that goes.  Has anyone else shot off their opinions on this?  Hoping if we get enough of us to make an issue they might reverse this idiotic ruling.   ...