A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Epilepsy drug. ESL. We can try s/l AP tune (no dose, but says something like a 1-time usage) nm - JudyJ

Posted: Aug 11, 2014

Another clue, populated by VR as Pap June

Epilepsy Drug - Dee

[ In Reply To ..]
Aptiom

Similar Messages:

Drug S/l Di-vo-nase - Pt With Hx Of Asthma, ADHD, Epilepsy And
Aug 24, 2011

x ...

Pulsed-dose/pulse Dose/pulsed Dose Fashion??
Jun 05, 2013

Hi, Its being said the patient wants to take Lamisil in a pulsed dose situation.  I was wondering if a hyphen is needed or not between 'pulsed' and 'dose'; or is it just 'a pulse dose' fashion?? Help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance! ...

Pulse Dose Or Pulsed Dose
Dec 07, 2010

We will give the patient a pulse dose (or pulsed dose?) of 20 mg IM Lasix. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

For Mitral Vale Used A S/l Tune Ring
Aug 19, 2010

Mitral valve annuloplasty using a 39 s/l "tune" ring.  I have tried tuen, toonen and never heard of it.  Any ideas?  Thanks ...

S/l Speecherist Epilepsy
Feb 25, 2010

continues with at least a seizure today which, by her history, is largely just speecherist. ...

It's Time For VR Name That Drug - Donna Rubens.
Oct 05, 2010

I'll give you a hint -- it's a chemo drug.  Unbelievable! ...

Context Usage
Dec 04, 2009

Doctor states in labs "mucous membranes actually are somewhat dry." Should that be under examination? ...

Hyphen Usage Or Not
Nov 22, 2010

I am transcribing a report for orthopedic surgery. What is the correct way to transcribe chondromalacia grading? Is it grage 1 to 2 or grade 1-2 changes? I have myself confused as teachers always said in school that you use "to or through with numbers.  Thanks ...

Usage Of Nonicteric
Jul 01, 2012

Have one dictator who always uses sclerae nonicteric.  Is nonicteric acceptable these days?  Any feedback appreciated. ...

Apostrophe Usage
Dec 31, 2013

I need some advice on correct use of the apostrophe:OB ultrasounds at 8 and 20 weeks were normal.  (I think this is correct, no apostrophe needed)Pregnancy is at 38 weeks 2 days' gestation.  (I think this is correct)Full-term pregnancy at 38-3/7 weeks.  (I think this is correct, no apostrophe needed) ...

Data Usage
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone use a Verizon connection? Do you know data usage for an 8 hour day? I do not have cable where I live. I currently use a Verizon air card that the hospital I'm employed by maintains. We got out sourced and now I need to set up my own connection and pay for it. However,  no one can tell me data usage so I can tell if the new job offered is going to be worth the expense.  ...

Word Usage
Apr 29, 2015

Which is correct?  No evidence of masses or tumors were felt.   OR No evidence of masses or tumors was felt.    I keep getting mixed up.  I want to say it is "were", but I actually think it is probably "was."  Help.   ...

A Question Of Grammar/usage
Sep 14, 2011

This has been bugging me for some time.  It's small, but like a thorn in my side.   When a doc is dictating and fails to use the article "of", should you insert it?  For example:  The patient remains off of antibiotic therapy.   The patient tells me she is of off oxygen therapy during the day.  All of the ulcer sites have improved The patient remains off (of) antibiotic therapy.  The patient tells me she is off (of) oxygen therapy during the day.& ...

Any Articles About Productivity Loss From EMR And VR Usage
May 24, 2011

Does anyone have any links to articles that explain the loss in productivity for physicians and their offices because they are wasting time with EHR/EMR's typing their own notes or spending way too much time editing their own voice recognition notes when they could be seeing more patients?  I have lost a few clients to VR systems and EHR/EMR systems because they think they will be more productive, when they actually lose money and time because of the loss in the number of patietns see ...

Not Dictating Mg With Dose...what To Do?
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor is not including the word mg with doses of medication. Do I just transcribe what I hear or insert it? IE- simvastatin 10, vitamin E 400 b.i.d., metformin 850 b.i.d., ibuprofen 400 p.r.n ...

Methotrexate Dose?
Aug 23, 2010

I'm having a little trouble with this medication dictation.   "3.  Methotrexate 25 mg/mL 0.9 cc weekly injection."  Then she says "4 needles 1 mL (s/l u or unit)/125 g1." What I can't figure out is if she is saying 4 needles or if she is dictating the #4 and "needles" is a medication that I can't find a match to online.  Can anyone shed some light here, please? ...

Necon Dose
Oct 27, 2011

The doctor is clearly saying Necon 1-4-slash-325, but I am finding the dose to be 1/35. ...

Medication Dose - O.a. O.d.
Nov 16, 2013

doctor is listing medications, Lasix 40 mg daily, atorvastatin 80 mg daily, Inderal 120 mg o.a. o.d.   has anyone heard of o.a. ?   tia! ...

We Will Get The Recommended Dose Of S/l DVAPT
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Nitroglycerin Dose Translation
Jul 28, 2011

looking for help with dosing verbage:  Dictated:  Nitro one one 50th sublingual.  googled and saw nitro 1 50 but would rather hear from an MT...  Any ideas how to transcribe this?  Thanks in advance for all help.  ...

Pristiq Dose 2 - 25 Mg Daily Or 225 Mg?
Aug 02, 2011

Hey all, I am trying to figure out if Pristiq can be dosed at 225 mg?  The website I use for dosing doesn't say that.  The doctor says, "two twenty-five mg daily."  He doesn't say two hundred and twenty-five mg daily.  However, I see that Pristiq comes in 50 mg, so if the dose was 50 mg why would he say 2 - 25 mg?  LOL!  Just checking to see if anyone has an idea. Thanks, Chris ...

Diabetes Med Dose Timing A.c. And B.s. Wbs
Feb 28, 2014

If a doctor dictates  Glucotrol 10 mg p.o. a.c. and b.s.   - i got the a.c.   but what does the b.s mean?  I thought maybe b.s. was before supper, but that would not make any sense.  before meals and before supper? AND Metformin 1000 mg p.o. WBS - what is WBS and how is it correctly "written"  w.b.s.,  WBS, wbs?? ...

Radiation Dose Reporting - Sm
Jul 21, 2014

Regarding the DLP - I've seen it written variously mGy-cm, mGy•cm and mGy.cm.   Becuase it's a product, my inclination is think that the second (with the dot used as in mathmetical publications to indicate multiplication) is correct but just not sure.  Anyone have a definitive answer & reference?   Thanks :)  ...

Titrate Nitroglycerin Dose To Pink 3???
Nov 10, 2010

nm ...

Psych Medication S/l: BENAP (dose 12 Mg P.o. Q.a.m. And 18 Mg P.o. Q.h.s.)
Jun 04, 2013

pt. has delusional thoughts, depression and difficulty concentrating.  drugs include s/l: BENAP (dose 12 mg p.o. q.a.m. and 18 mg p.o. q.h.s.) thanks for any help! ...

Grammar - Quick Reference That simplifies The Usage Of the Prefix Intra Versus Inter
Sep 12, 2010

Does anyone have a cheat sheet or a quick reference that simplifies the usage of the prefix intra versus inter.  Thank you in advance....! ...

Is It "high-dose Rate" Or "high-dose-rate" Brachytherapy.
Jul 29, 2010

:) ...

Alginate Donor Lymphocyte Infusion Dose
Aug 30, 2010

Would I write the following with subscript? I thought subscript was frowned upon. Would I abbreviate part of "per cubic gram patient weight" The patient received a total of 224 x 10 to the eighth nucleated cells or 0.37 x 10 to the eighth with a total CD 3 dose of 16.96 x 10 to the sixth per cubic gram patient weight. ...

Her High Dose Of SSRI Would Most Likely Have S/l Un-master) Into A More Chronic Manic State.
Nov 19, 2009

thanks guys!!! ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/L *Absion Or Apsion*? It Is In The Drug List...
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...