A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

data usage - Cathy

Posted: Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone use a Verizon connection? Do you know data usage for an 8 hour day? I do not have cable where I live. I currently use a Verizon air card that the hospital I'm employed by maintains. We got out sourced and now I need to set up my own connection and pay for it. However,  no one can tell me data usage so I can tell if the new job offered is going to be worth the expense. 

checking with my husband, but - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you see this?

I too can only get Verizon 4G where I live. - I use between 8 and 10 GB

[ In Reply To ..]
in one month. If you just use it for work its fine. But if you ever go on and watch videos you eat up a lot of GB. I personally hate it because I have to constantly watch what is being used and buy extra if I am getting close. It is very expensive too. I pay $95/month for 10 GB. I used to have unlimited for $49/month with my past provider but can't use them where I now live.

Clear Wireless Maybe? - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Check to see if Clear Wireless Internet is available in your area. It is $50 a month and truly unlimited uploads and downloads. I believe it operates off the Spint network and would be much cheaper in the long run to check on something like that rather than trying to use your cell phone. I used it in the past and there were times when it was slow, but overall, not really bad as far as speed, but this was before Sprint got more involved in the process.

Similar Messages:

Context Usage
Dec 04, 2009

Doctor states in labs "mucous membranes actually are somewhat dry." Should that be under examination? ...

Hyphen Usage Or Not
Nov 22, 2010

I am transcribing a report for orthopedic surgery. What is the correct way to transcribe chondromalacia grading? Is it grage 1 to 2 or grade 1-2 changes? I have myself confused as teachers always said in school that you use "to or through with numbers.  Thanks ...

Usage Of Nonicteric
Jul 01, 2012

Have one dictator who always uses sclerae nonicteric.  Is nonicteric acceptable these days?  Any feedback appreciated. ...

Apostrophe Usage
Dec 31, 2013

I need some advice on correct use of the apostrophe:OB ultrasounds at 8 and 20 weeks were normal.  (I think this is correct, no apostrophe needed)Pregnancy is at 38 weeks 2 days' gestation.  (I think this is correct)Full-term pregnancy at 38-3/7 weeks.  (I think this is correct, no apostrophe needed) ...

Word Usage
Apr 29, 2015

Which is correct?  No evidence of masses or tumors were felt.   OR No evidence of masses or tumors was felt.    I keep getting mixed up.  I want to say it is "were", but I actually think it is probably "was."  Help.   ...

A Question Of Grammar/usage
Sep 14, 2011

This has been bugging me for some time.  It's small, but like a thorn in my side.   When a doc is dictating and fails to use the article "of", should you insert it?  For example:  The patient remains off of antibiotic therapy.   The patient tells me she is of off oxygen therapy during the day.  All of the ulcer sites have improved The patient remains off (of) antibiotic therapy.  The patient tells me she is off (of) oxygen therapy during the day.& ...

Any Articles About Productivity Loss From EMR And VR Usage
May 24, 2011

Does anyone have any links to articles that explain the loss in productivity for physicians and their offices because they are wasting time with EHR/EMR's typing their own notes or spending way too much time editing their own voice recognition notes when they could be seeing more patients?  I have lost a few clients to VR systems and EHR/EMR systems because they think they will be more productive, when they actually lose money and time because of the loss in the number of patietns see ...

Epilepsy Drug. ESL. We Can Try S/l AP Tune (no Dose, But Says Something Like A 1-time Usage) Nm
Aug 11, 2014

Another clue, populated by VR as Pap June ...

Grammar - Quick Reference That simplifies The Usage Of the Prefix Intra Versus Inter
Sep 12, 2010

Does anyone have a cheat sheet or a quick reference that simplifies the usage of the prefix intra versus inter.  Thank you in advance....! ...

Lab Data
Apr 12, 2010

In discharge summary: Lab Data: "Heart rate: 96 to 220 with no ST-T wave changes." Question is, is heart rate correct like this?  Also, ST-T wave, is this correct or should there be a hypen between T-wave?  Please help if you can.  Thanks so much! ...

Data
Mar 14, 2012

Wow my docs won't even put in a correct medical record number for their patients, I have to do it for them, which is fine because that is my job.  Can you imagine what is going to happen when they have to put in all the info.  Dang dudes, it is just 6 numbers. ...

Lab Data For CLL??
Aug 15, 2012

Never heard of this one ... Dr. says while reviewing blood work, "On the smears, tuchim and aspirate, there were increased...."  Anyone ever heard of that?  Somebody, andybody????? Thanks :) ...

Data Migration
May 01, 2012

Does anyone know companies that have data migration work? Thank you. ...

Data-Med Transcription
May 01, 2013

What do you know about this company? Apparently they have a backlog and need help. ...

Data Overload
Oct 10, 2013

Didja see the MT proficiency report?  I'm surprised we're not forced to sit on digital pads to record minutes out of chair and weight change during the day.  Now, why the hell isn't there a proficiency report on the physicians?  Minutes per report, how much voice recognition was invalid.  We should get combat pay for doing some of these guys who obviously had their lips sewn shut.  MM collects data on everything else... ...

Data Entry
Apr 14, 2014

I applied for a data entry job today after being unemployed for nearly 3-1/2 months. I can't seem to find anything I think I could start out doing after being home over the years. It seems data entry would fit for me. Getting back out there is hard. Depression has taken over, but I'm trying to manage without medication. Most days, I would like to go to bed and stay, but haven't up until this point. Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent. I pray I will at least get to interview, ...

Collecting Data
Dec 20, 2014

If you ever chance to use Ctrl S for past reports, please check statistics.  LMK if you see something "outta whack."  Got my own screen shots (without patient name), would suggest you do the same. ...

Laboratory Data Web Sites
Dec 11, 2009

I seem to be having a problem with getting the lab data in the right sentence structure can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance. ...

STP Medical Data Services, Inc.
Mar 23, 2010

Anyone know anything about STP Medical Data Services? ...

Cryptococcal Meningitis Lab Data
Apr 26, 2010

Not too familiar with lab tests regarding this diagnosis, but it sounds like the doctor is saying: "T-cells showed WBC of 7,400, T4 162, TK 2,572, CBC: RBC 4, WCB 3,000 at lumbar puncture. The India ink stains were positive for cryptococcus. Acid _____ culture and gram stain were negative, sugar and protein were normal. ...

HIPAA Data Breach
May 02, 2010

I am reading far too many cases of MTs being fired/threatened for copying the wrong doctor on a report.  While this constitutes an error, it does not (NOT) constitute a HIPAA breach.  HIPAA law is being wielded like an axe by misinformed management, with the regulations being used to threaten and fire a huge segment of the American workforce.  MTs fired for a "cc" issue need to report their job loss to their state labor department as well as the department of health and human se ...

S/l Histaban Data? Cardiology
Jun 14, 2010

Anyone familiar with this? ...

What Does A Medical Data Abstractor?
Nov 02, 2011

What does a medical data abstractor do? Is this a remote job or an in-house job? Thanks in advance ...

Importing Patient Data
Jan 14, 2013

Am I missing something, or did they remove the ability to import patient data when splitting a job?  I cannot seem to find the button anywhere.  ...

Medical Data Services
Jul 29, 2013

Does anyone know anything about this company and if they have much work available, how the pay is, etc.? ...

Data-Med.... Anybody Heard Back From Them?
Nov 02, 2013

Have any of you heard back from them after "applying?"   I even phoned them a couple of times and just got answering machine.  Their website has the phone number transposed but is correct (supposedly not a sham place) in their posting here on MTSTARS. ...

DATA ENTRY VS TRANSCRIPTION PAY
Mar 20, 2014

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated regarding the salaries for a data entry clerk versus a transcriptionist.  Should a transcriptionist's pay be less, the same or more than a data entry clerk, and if you feel it should be more, how much more?  Thank you for your comments.  ...

Laboratory Data: S/l S2P3 And S2O3
Oct 22, 2010

My brain is fried. This is in Laboratory data of a Discharge Summary, doctor is speaking VERY quickly. s/l: S2P3 and S2O3 or maybe SUPD and SUOD. Sentence: CPK 69, LDS 426, S2P3 38, S2O3 44, serum amylase 30.... Help! =( ...

Data Entry Or Medical Transcription?
May 13, 2011

It seems that more and more companies, including some hospitals, are paying per line but then expecting you to do data entry, which of course you are NOT paid for. Just a few examples: Acute care on Dictaphone ExText/Word Client -- faxing, etc. McKisson -- Looking up and changing orders for radiographic studies Rad job posted here -- Entering patient demographics If an employer expects me to sit there and do data entry -- which has NO shortcuts -- IN ADDITION TO transcibing, then they' ...

How Are The Data Migration Technicians At Scriberight Doing?
Mar 07, 2012

nm ...