A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Diffuse cerebral edema with loss of the normal s/l "so-ki" - MSmt

Posted: Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions?

Reply - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
perhaps sulci

Thanks! - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
That's it!

Great! Have a nice night. - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

sulci? - Cardsfan

[ In Reply To ..]
Is the dictator saying sulci?

The grooves in the brain's surface. Makes sense that these would be lost with edema.

HTH.

Similar Messages:

Diffuse (type/tight) Edema
May 26, 2013

bibasilar crackles and diffuse (s/l type/tight) rhonchi   ASR typed tight  ...

Baseline Normal Or Near Normal Thyroid Function Studies
Mar 15, 2011

baseline normal or near normal thyroid function studies. Is "near normal" hyphenated, or no? Thank you. ...

Hemoglobin Normal With Normal S/l Cell In Dis Thees With An MCV Of 89.
May 26, 2010

s/l cell in dis thees with an MCV of 89.  ...

Cerebral And Renal S/l Thermanetics
Apr 16, 2013

I already sent this in as blank, just wondering if anybody knows, spent a long time researching, cannot find.  It sounded like pressure measurements of the cerebral and renal arteries.  Sentence was "Cerebral thermanetics ranged from 22 to 39.  Renal thermanetics ranged from XX to XX."  Can't remember numbers now.  Anybody know?  Was in the cardio section of report. Thanks. ...

Laryngoscope Showed Normal Vocal Cords And Normal "tuberous Tugors".
Jul 15, 2012

? ...

Diffuse Debility?
Apr 07, 2010

Does diffuse debility make sense?  It sure sounds like diffuse.  It does not sound like he is saying decreased.  Thanks.  ...

Diffused Diffuse
May 31, 2011

Is it the patient has diffused arthritis or is the patient has diffuse arthritis? ...

Would You Capitalize Diplegic Cerebral Palsy In A Sentence?
Nov 11, 2009

I have a client that is telling me that certain things should be capitalized in sentences that I have never capitilized before and I have been doing this for years. Now I am questioning everything that I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks. ...

ADEK Versus ABDEK For Cerebral Palsy
Dec 11, 2012

I found ADEK which is fat soluble vitamins, but now someone has said it's incorrect and should be ABDEK.  The patient has cerebral palsy.  Help! ...

S/l Amicas Or A Mucus Closure Deployment, Cerebral Arteriogram
Sep 17, 2010

Any ideas? ...

Multiple Punctate Hypointense Foci Throughout The Cerebral Hemisphere Indicating S/l "hemosenda
Oct 29, 2009

thank you ...

The Patient Had An Ultrasound Of The Scrotum Which Showed Diffuse Mental Health Rigidity
Jul 02, 2010

Hahahaha. ...

Pedal Edema?
May 14, 2010

In this physical examination, it sounds like it is being dictated, "Both upper and lower extremities with (s/l pedal) edema."  That doesn't seem to make sense, but perhaps I'm wrong...what other word could he be saying instead of pedal?  He pretty much mumbles his way right passed it. ...

Edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM
Jan 29, 2012

I can't understand my dr. for the life of me.  I don't know if he's trying to say a medical term or if he's just talking.  In the HPI he says "No increased swelling, but she has horbbile edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM."  I could use any help y'all could give.  Thanks so much in advance. ...

Edema Classifications
Dec 23, 2014

Hi there! I have always been taught that for edema classifications to use, for example, 2++, as opposed to just 2+.  Clarification please and thank you! ...

'protracted' Bilateral Leg Edema
Feb 14, 2011

'protracted' bilateral leg edema Does this sound correct? I can clearly hear that in the dictation to me but my tired ears and eyes do not think it is right. Thanks!   ...

Free Tibial Edema?
Jun 30, 2011

sentence s/l:  Trace pretibial and free tibial edema. Does this sound correct? I have not been able to find any definition of "free tibial." ...

Sounds Like Corporal Edema
Aug 22, 2014

This is referring to the lower extremites in a patient with urosepsis ...

Neck: Normal "tesseril" Motion And Normal "effort"?
Nov 30, 2012

PE on neurologist consult. Pt with spinal sarcoma.  Doc is a pretty clear dictator.  Not sure if "tesseril" is actually "tests for all" or what.  How about "effort".  Is this customary in a neuro consult?  Thanks for any suggestions.      ...

There Was No Optic Disc Edema Or *ellodation*?? Thanks. Nm
Jan 31, 2010

nm ...

HEENT Exam: S/L No Peri?? Edema
Feb 19, 2010

doc states...HEENT is unremarkable. No proptosis. No S/l peri?? edema. I definetly hear the peri...just not sure what is next.   ...

Extremities: No Rubs, Cords, Or Edema
Nov 20, 2011

Does this look right? Extremities: No rubs, cords, or edema.What are rubs and cords in the extremities?Thanks ...

Venous Stasis Edema..please See Message
Jan 10, 2012

The doc consistently says venous stasis edema.  However, when I look it up, I find that they are two different things, i.e. venous stasis AND edema.  Which is correct?  TIA ...

S/l Hypo-al-pulmanemia?? Patient With Peripheral Edema...
Nov 27, 2009

Patient with glioblastoma multiforme and peripheral edema in lower extremities...   "Patient does not have (hypo-al-pulmonemia) or any other obvious reason for peripheral edema." ...

After Application Of Acetowhite, There Was Diffuse Acetowhite Change Over The Entire Mucosa.SM
Nov 20, 2009

is this correct?  After application of acetowhite??? when I look up acetowhite it tells me that it is a white-appearing epithelium.... so how can there be an application of this? ...

Tinel Sign Shows "diffuse Axium" Sm
Dec 15, 2010

... and noticed only a weakly positive Tinel sign on the left, but certainly in just a little bit of "disuse axium"  all muscles (median and ulnar) of both hands, but it was minimal and not that out of line with his stated age of 79. It actually sounds like disuse, but thought diffuse.  Second word sometimes sounds like ax fume, lol  Thanks.  ...

Not To Count My Loss
Nov 05, 2009

why at the end of every shift do I still bother to calculate my line totals - transcription & VR - when 9 out of 10 times I am only discouraged???  Its not my lack of skill, knowledge , speed or anything I have done that determines this loss.  Why, oh why, do I hang in there.  Maybe for the occasional good day?  The high I get when I can fly through a report of an ESL doctor, because I know better what he is trying to say?  Or maybe its the constant editing with ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

EMR And Loss Of Contracts
Nov 03, 2010

Does anyone here integrate their transcription into an EMR?   If so, what EMR company is being used?  Looking for a way to keep a company from going down the EMR tubes! Help! thanks... ...

Fat Loss In Hands
May 18, 2013

Hello, this may be an unusual question, but I have been transcribing for about 3 months now, after completing 12 months at Career Step. I've been noticing over the last week that my hands are looking almost like skeleton hands. It's like the fat is disappearing and the bones are becoming more prominent. Also, the veins in my hands are becoming very, very vascular. They are about the diameter of a drinking straw. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this common with excessive typing? I ...