A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Abdomen is soft with "two" bowel sounds. - mls

Posted: Apr 25, 2010

Patient has SOB and now renal insufficiency. 

In PE, doctor says, what sounds like, "Abdomen is soft with two bowel sounds."  The rest is very clear, just never heard it dictated as "two bowel sounds" before.  Does "two" sound right?  Thank you in advance.

positive - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
could the dictator be cutting off the first part of the word positive?

I think "true" bowel sounds - mls

[ In Reply To ..]
No, it doesn't sound cut off at all. Thank you for your reply.

It's really clear, and I think she is saying "true" bowel sounds. I did finally find on google that on exam, doctors will listen to differentiate between other splashing or gurgling sounds to hear "true" bowel sounds.

Thanks again.

I get "bowel sounds x4" a lot...4 quadrants in the abdomen - ***

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Abdomen Soft, A Brief Smash
Jul 13, 2012

sounds like doctor says, "Abdomen soft, a brief smash shows a corinthin neck." Is this right?.... ...

Bowel Sounds
Apr 22, 2010

Can anyone offer some different words to describe bowel sounds on the physical exam?  I've looked online and the ones I've found (normal, present, active, positive) just don't sound like what the doctor is saying.  Of course he sounds like he's turning away & speeding up his words when he says whatever it is he's saying, so it could be anything, but it sounds like it starts with an "n" and has a t sound in it and is possibly two syllables.  Any ideas? ...

S/l Ertral Bowel Sounds
Dec 20, 2009

Regarding her s/l ertral bowel sounds, stable.  That's all he says about this, so not much to go on. ...

Sounds Like *Avens* Drain Placed In The Abdomen. Nm
May 17, 2012

nm ...

Small-bowel Versus Small Bowel
Jun 08, 2015

I've always just used "small bowel," but then noticed most put "small-bowel," I assume to differentiate it as being part of the intestine as opposed to a small, or little bowel.  Okay, that makes sense, so I stated hyphenating small-bowel.  However, I just got marked off by QA for putting in a hyphen!  No matter what you do or don't do, you're screwed!  I do believe they just look for ways to antagonize so you'll never feel appreciated.  ...

Small-bowel Or Small Bowel
Mar 16, 2010

hypen or no hyphen? ...

Bowel Tillitation?
Nov 16, 2010

s/l bilious and bowel "t i l l i t a t i o n" . I am also not sure if "bilious" is the correct word either, doesn't seem to make sense in this context. Any help appreciated. ...

The Bowel Was Retracted W The Use Of A
Dec 16, 2011

xx ...

PC Bowel Movements?
Jan 29, 2014

He is having 1-2 soft, formed s/l PC bowel movements. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you for your help. ...

Soft Call?
Nov 12, 2009

Her EMG about six months ago by Dr. _____ showed some left soft call 6-7 radicular suggestion but more importantly no peripheral nerve entrapment, injury or disease.   is this soft call? ...

Soft Looking Tissues?
Dec 08, 2010

would it be "soft-looking tissues" or "soft looking tissues"? I am usually pretty good with hyphen rules, but am drawing a blank here. Do you still hyphenate when you have an -ing word? ...

Re: Soft Script
Dec 24, 2010

I am curious if anybody has had any experience with this company whether applying or working for them. I find it disturbing that the school I graduated from lists them as one of the possible employers to apply for work since they hire new grads. I applied a few days ago, and they said I didn't have the amount of experience they were looking for. I have 2 years experience doing family practice reports plus just graduated recently. I would have thought I qualified. This is so discouraging. I ...

Soft Script?
Aug 31, 2012

Benefits: We offer 401K, and paid time off! Outstanding medical/dental/vision/life benefits available, discounted Dell computers, employee referral bonus program, minimum line requirements lower than industry average, MT Mentoring, production incentives; account variety; direct deposit. Anyone care to elaborate on the above?  TIA ...

Does Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script?
Jul 10, 2013

Soft Script MTs
Apr 19, 2014

SS currently has an ad, from what I read on here I think I would like to join you.  Two questions:  How many accounts must you work to stay in work and is there any training pay?  Thank you so much! ...

Small-bowel Follow-through
Aug 06, 2010

Can anyone please give me a reliable source to verify the correct way to type small-bowel follow-through?  Appreciate any help.     ...

GI Surgery, Bowel Divided With A GI ...
Mar 27, 2011

The bowel was then divided proximally and distally with a GI something and then a specimen removed. Loud noise in the background so cannot give you a s/l.  Thanks for thinking about this so early in the morning!! ...

Bowel Or Bile Aspirated?
Nov 22, 2013

im second guessing myself on this, any opinions out there?  bile or bowel??  tks for help The Dreamtome RX catheter was inserted into the distal common bile duct. The wire was advanced into the common bile duct. The catheter was advanced. ___________ was aspirated. Contrast was injected. ...

Soft Script Always Out Of Work !
Jan 20, 2011

Hi everyone.  I have been with Soft Script for 3-1/2 years.  Lately I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS out of work.  What is going on ??  Does anyone know ??  Also, they implemented "production managers" now and mine took nearly all my accounts away !!! I called her and asked for some of them back.  Is anyone else always out of work or having issues with their "production manager" ? ...

QA ? Soft-tissue Calcifications
Apr 21, 2011

I put   soft-tissue calcifications   and in another report put   soft-tissue swelling   and an editor changed it to  soft tissue calcifications    soft tissue swelling.    Was I wrong?  I thought it needed a hyphen.   ...

Soft Script Radiology
May 14, 2011

Anyone currently work for Soft Script doing radiology?  Good, bad and ugly about company, platform, management, pay etc?   Thanks Emma ...

Soft Script - Anyone Satisfied???
May 31, 2011

I'm curious to know if anyone CURRENTLY is happy with this company.  Is work steady?  I was under the impression they are 100% straight typing despite the letter I got today for testing which mentioned editing.  I've not heard many positives about them.  Does anyone have anything positive to say?  ...

Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script And Nuance?
Mar 28, 2013

Maybe I'm Just Getting Soft-hearted In My Older
Jun 05, 2014

More and more I find it difficult to not shed tears during a report of a baby being sick or of a spouse who is struggling and depressed after losing their loved one. Especially hard when the dictator has to pause to gain composure before continuing.   ...

Small Bowel Obstruction Surgery
Dec 28, 2010

s/l  Nafish intraabdominal retractor.  WHAT?? ...

*Wooltrac* Retractor Was Then Placed And The Bowel Retracted Out Of The Way.....
Apr 06, 2012

I have looked and looked and just can't seem to find this.  Thanks. ...

S/l Pelvicum Abdomen
Oct 12, 2009

It almost sounds like pelvic and abdomen or pelvicum abdomen, but I dont know. Distinct 'c' sound, so not pelvis The pelvicum abdomen is then visualized. ...

Help With CT Abdomen Results Please.
Nov 24, 2009

I'm typing a GYN report.  Patient had 2 abdominal hernia repairs and TAH/BSO 30 years ago.   A recent CT scan showed "posterior anterior" abdominal wall thickening.  This kind if thing always confuses me.  It does not sound like the doctor said "and" in between posterior and anterior.  Is it correct the way I typed it?  Thanks very much.  ...

S/l Globulus Abdomen
Mar 02, 2010

s/l globulus abdomen, but is the correct term globose abdomen? ...

CT Abdomen Shows (sm)
Apr 29, 2010

compression fracture and marked ?"Gibbles" deformity.   Patient is several years status post MVA with paraplegia, multiple surgeries, and complications.   Thank you so much for helping! ...