A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

abdomen soft, a brief smash - new mt

Posted: Jul 13, 2012

sounds like doctor says, "Abdomen soft, a brief smash shows a corinthin neck." Is this right?....

I would say definitely not correct. Do you have any more info? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

no - please see message

[ In Reply To ..]
the sentences before and after would help, as well as 1) the kind of doctor 2) complaint/reason for being seen 3) setting, i.e., hospital consult? office visit?

abdominal exam - tmt

[ In Reply To ..]
See if you can hear any of this:

Soft, nontender, nondistenced. No rebound or guarding. No rebound tenderness. Positive bowel sounds. Normoactive bowel sounds. Hyperactive bowel sounds. Absent bowel sounds. Murphy's sign negative/positive. Tenderness in the ___ (right upper, right lower, left upper, left lower)quadrant.

You must be a student - ask your instructors for help

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what you're paying them for.

Seriously, if you were really an MT, you wouldn't have to ask if that mess was "right" because you would know it didn't make any sense.

Similar Messages:

Abdomen Is Soft With "two" Bowel Sounds.
Apr 25, 2010

Patient has SOB and now renal insufficiency.  In PE, doctor says, what sounds like, "Abdomen is soft with two bowel sounds."  The rest is very clear, just never heard it dictated as "two bowel sounds" before.  Does "two" sound right?  Thank you in advance. ...

Soft Call?
Nov 12, 2009

Her EMG about six months ago by Dr. _____ showed some left soft call 6-7 radicular suggestion but more importantly no peripheral nerve entrapment, injury or disease.   is this soft call? ...

Soft Looking Tissues?
Dec 08, 2010

would it be "soft-looking tissues" or "soft looking tissues"? I am usually pretty good with hyphen rules, but am drawing a blank here. Do you still hyphenate when you have an -ing word? ...

Re: Soft Script
Dec 24, 2010

I am curious if anybody has had any experience with this company whether applying or working for them. I find it disturbing that the school I graduated from lists them as one of the possible employers to apply for work since they hire new grads. I applied a few days ago, and they said I didn't have the amount of experience they were looking for. I have 2 years experience doing family practice reports plus just graduated recently. I would have thought I qualified. This is so discouraging. I ...

Soft Script?
Aug 31, 2012

Benefits: We offer 401K, and paid time off! Outstanding medical/dental/vision/life benefits available, discounted Dell computers, employee referral bonus program, minimum line requirements lower than industry average, MT Mentoring, production incentives; account variety; direct deposit. Anyone care to elaborate on the above?  TIA ...

Does Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script?
Jul 10, 2013

Soft Script MTs
Apr 19, 2014

SS currently has an ad, from what I read on here I think I would like to join you.  Two questions:  How many accounts must you work to stay in work and is there any training pay?  Thank you so much! ...

Soft Script Always Out Of Work !
Jan 20, 2011

Hi everyone.  I have been with Soft Script for 3-1/2 years.  Lately I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS out of work.  What is going on ??  Does anyone know ??  Also, they implemented "production managers" now and mine took nearly all my accounts away !!! I called her and asked for some of them back.  Is anyone else always out of work or having issues with their "production manager" ? ...

QA ? Soft-tissue Calcifications
Apr 21, 2011

I put   soft-tissue calcifications   and in another report put   soft-tissue swelling   and an editor changed it to  soft tissue calcifications    soft tissue swelling.    Was I wrong?  I thought it needed a hyphen.   ...

Soft Script Radiology
May 14, 2011

Anyone currently work for Soft Script doing radiology?  Good, bad and ugly about company, platform, management, pay etc?   Thanks Emma ...

Soft Script - Anyone Satisfied???
May 31, 2011

I'm curious to know if anyone CURRENTLY is happy with this company.  Is work steady?  I was under the impression they are 100% straight typing despite the letter I got today for testing which mentioned editing.  I've not heard many positives about them.  Does anyone have anything positive to say?  ...

Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script And Nuance?
Mar 28, 2013

Maybe I'm Just Getting Soft-hearted In My Older
Jun 05, 2014

More and more I find it difficult to not shed tears during a report of a baby being sick or of a spouse who is struggling and depressed after losing their loved one. Especially hard when the dictator has to pause to gain composure before continuing.   ...

S/l Pelvicum Abdomen
Oct 12, 2009

It almost sounds like pelvic and abdomen or pelvicum abdomen, but I dont know. Distinct 'c' sound, so not pelvis The pelvicum abdomen is then visualized. ...

Help With CT Abdomen Results Please.
Nov 24, 2009

I'm typing a GYN report.  Patient had 2 abdominal hernia repairs and TAH/BSO 30 years ago.   A recent CT scan showed "posterior anterior" abdominal wall thickening.  This kind if thing always confuses me.  It does not sound like the doctor said "and" in between posterior and anterior.  Is it correct the way I typed it?  Thanks very much.  ...

S/l Globulus Abdomen
Mar 02, 2010

s/l globulus abdomen, but is the correct term globose abdomen? ...

CT Abdomen Shows (sm)
Apr 29, 2010

compression fracture and marked ?"Gibbles" deformity.   Patient is several years status post MVA with paraplegia, multiple surgeries, and complications.   Thank you so much for helping! ...

Referring To The Abdomen..
Aug 06, 2010

s/l  "no clavasea sign"    Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.  ...

CT Abdomen/Pelvis
Sep 11, 2010

The gallbladder (S/L) circulatory tract unremarkable. Thank you in advance... ...

CT Abdomen & Pelvis
Nov 10, 2010

The uterus is heterogeneous and appears to be mildly S/L levo flexed.  If that is correct, is it one word, hyphenated, two words...? Thanks in advance! ...

Scan Of The Abdomen - Please Sm
Nov 24, 2010

Patient is tender in the right lower quadrant.  No rebound.  No other masses, organomegaly, or tenderness.  Bowel sounds are somewhat diminished. Sent for a s/l PCT scan or TCT scan of the abdomen compatible with diverticulitis but no abscess or rupture. Thanks for any help :) ...

S/l TUB Upright Abdomen
Jan 24, 2011

It is some sort or x-ray.  I've never heard of TUB upright abdomen though.  Any ideas?  Kelley ...

Tumor Of The Abdomen
Oct 02, 2011

I'm sure I'm hearing him correctly....spit cell tumor of the abdomen.  When I google, it wants to revert to split cell tumor.  He couldn't be more clear.  Patient has a history of metastatic GIST in her chart (gastrointestinal stromal tumor).  HELP!!   ...

IStim Soft Tissue Mobilization?
May 21, 2010

Patient has lateral epicondylitis.  Doc is recommending "soft tissue mobilization techniques such as iStim and formal physical therapy"   Doc clearly says iStim, but the only thing I can find by that name is a TENS unit sex toy....and I doubt that will do much for his elbow. ...

Don't You Just Love Soft-spoken Dictators Who
Jan 14, 2012

speak very softy whilst dictating but then, without warning.......                     will cough very loudly and quite capably into the mike, rattling your inner core. Thanks, Bub.  I didn't need my tympanic membranes anymore since I am already headed into Oldladyville, and I have my eye on a fashionable rhinestone-studded ear horn.    ...

Any Advice For Dictator Who Is Loud And Soft
Apr 07, 2012

I can't find a happy medium.  It is too loud when he is loud and too soft when he is soft.  It's horrible and hurts and slows me down.  Thanks for any suggestions offered.  UGH.  ...

Abdomen: Positive S/l BSMT?
Oct 23, 2009

Pretty sure the BS is for bowel sounds but unsure about the MT, maybe movement? ...

Abdomen Nontender To Deep
Mar 21, 2012

palpations <s/l on the floor> ?  Does it sound right or does anyone have any idea what he might be saying? Thanks for any help. ...

Abdomen/fetal Exam
Feb 25, 2013

During abdominal exam during OB visit, doctor dictates *SV 790 and 0*  or maybe the numbers could be 7, 90, and 0.  No idea what SV is or how the numbers are supposed to be.  Thanks! ...

Ct Scan Of The Abdomen And Pelvis
May 22, 2013

Could anyone help me with an unknown?  During above scan some "vague air"  was detected?     Searched and searched. Clearly I am misunderstanding.   Thanks ...