A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

converted line - Potential employee

Posted: Apr 21, 2015

I received an offer letter, and I'm not sure what this means. I sent an email to the recuriter, but I'm not sure he will be able to get back to me tonight.

Sorry, at Nuance NM - Potential employee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Not sure what your actual question is - but....

[ In Reply To ..]
converted lines means that you are paid for half of your lines for VR. For example, if you make 8 cents a line, it's really 4 cents a line for VR. That's the simple answer. There is NO guarantee you will make more than 7 cpl.

For me, I get 99.99% VR (and sometimes 100%).

Good luck understanding the pay scale when your recruiter finally gets back to you. I still don't really understand it myself and I've been here since its ridiculous inception.

Thanks - Potential employee

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, this answers my question. I got an offer from Nuance today and an offer from another company (TTS), and I'm not sure which one to take.
Hours are the same, off on Saturdays (my only requirement) both employee. One pays less with and easier account and the other pays more with potential incentives with a MUCH higher ESL dictator rate. I've been doing searches here for information on both and mostly come up with griping about Nuance.
So confused!!!

Mostly griping is no accident. There actually might be someone content at N. - But you are only training VR

[ In Reply To ..]
...to unemploy yourself, HONEST. They are in the business of selling EHR software and off-shoring the rest.

you can check out both companies on this site. - i would go with easier account.

[ In Reply To ..]
Try for a company that does not outsource to India, etc. All the good dictators go to the Indians because they can't understand their own Indian doctors trying to speak English! If you eventually land a good-speaking dictator, you can make a lot more money no matter what your line rate. I was able to make 25$ an hour on Dr. McDreamy Dictator at 9 CPL
McDreamy!!! - Potential employee
[ In Reply To ..]
This is too funny, I've been binge watching old seasons of GA on Netflix!!

I'm kind of leaning toward the easier account too but that earning potential for Nuance is SO tempting, and I've been able to handle difficult accounts in the past and still make good money, so I keep going back and forth in my decision.
Wow do you READ the Nuance board? - Earning potential? WHAT?
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been an MT for 15 years and have never made as little as I do here. I am actively looking elsewhere. I HAVE difficult accounts and there is NO WAY even the best MT with the fastest typing, never looking anything up, etc, could make more than about 12 to 14 per hour (when you aren't having and OOW situation anyway) And if you somehow DO manage to, you better believe they will find a way to KNOCK you right back down. If I were you, I'd read the Nuance board before you made a decision. In reality, NO MT company is GREAT anymore, just some are much WORSE than others, and Nuance and MM are the worst of the worst.
what are you saying or asking - you will not make living wage
[ In Reply To ..]
working for nuance or any company that offshores. Wake up.
About McDreamy...not this company!!! - To: Potential Employee and others
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I should have been more clear. McDreamy was with my old company that got acquired by the N. That McD account quit my old company and went to click and drop (whatever) BEFORE we were acquired by the N. But it was not too many years ago that I had him all to myself and a nice memory !!! Good (not so old) days!

I think TTS is a Nuance affiliate - Ticked

[ In Reply To ..]
I may be wrong, but I think TTS is a Nuance affiliate. I checked them out because I am in Houston where they are located. I don't know what it means to be an affiliate, but that's what it said at the bottom of their web page.
TTS is not located in Houston - FYI- NM
[ In Reply To ..]

Which company to take - all smiles

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay will end up about the same regardless.

Nuance pay is production and performance. Your pay depends on the lines you produce (with VR at 50%) and your quality. Quality can drop dramatically with even minor errors because quality is assessed on 1% to 2% of the lines you produced that week. That can be as little as 1-2 reports per week.

There may be other companies that reimburse by production and quality but I cannot think of any other than Nuance.

My experience has been disappointing. Audits are confusing and inconsistent, one auditor says this, another auditor says that.

Work has increasingly been more difficult because mostly difficult dictators and apparently they are pushed for time too. Their quality has dropped dramatically.

IT support is hit and miss. If you need IT help after hours, good luck. So, if for some IT reason you cannot work after hours, you will need to flex to get all your hours in.

Too many unreimbursed work, which means I work 41 to 42 hours weekly but clock only 40.

Since this last pay grid, my take-home pay has been cut almost $1000 monthly. I suspect there will be more reductions in pay, either because of OOW or because of increasingly difficult dictators.

You can find out about both companies on this website.

I'd suggest an entirely different career.

So you are an actual long-term employee - who does or does not make

[ In Reply To ..]
a living wage? I thought the long-term pets made a living wage and acted as if the rest of us were uneducated unenlightened morons. If you respond by telling us how much you make per year, please make sure you are tell us how many hours per week you work and/or how many hours your sit at your computer to make, not a living wage, but your income. Thanks.

Converted lines differ with platform - none

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a formula for each of the software platforms used to transcribe and edit dictation at Nuance. Depending on the platform you are assigned to, the formula will deduct a percentage of your lines completed. This is because the company feels that some platforms are easier to navigate than others which they feel should result in a deduction of lines. For example, if you edit on the PS platform, your lines are halved to get converted lines. If you transcribe radiology reports on the TOPS platform, your lines are lessened by 12% overall to get your converted lines (paid for 88% of the work you do). I'm not sure of the conversion for other platforms, but as far as I know, no one is paid for 100% of their lines on any platform. This system is hit and miss. I edit on PS and there are reports that need very little editing and some that need to be retyped completely. My experience is that the production pay ranges between 8 and 15 an hour depending on who is dictating that week and how many MLS are fighting for work on any given platform. If you can find work outside of this industry, I would suggest it. On my team alone, we've had 5 MLS resign in the past 6 weeks and we're about to get our 3rd TSM (one transferred, one resigned). Good luck to you.

Bayscribe/FutureNet platforms - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Those platforms get paid at 100% but the grid is completely different. The MTs were to be paid at 88% but rebelled, so N came up with a whole new grid. Get paid for 100% of your work but the pay is actually less than had they stayed on the other grid and 88%. But remember, it is all about patient safety!

avoid them - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
No matter what the offer letter states you will make don't count on it. Inscribe area of Nuance you only get paid for 95% of what you do and that is dependent on what you send to QA and what you are audited for. Even if you are required to send things to QA you are docked pay. As soon as you start doing high scores/pay on a pool/account they change your account/pool.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else Have Fluency Downtime Converted To Production?
May 21, 2015

I am livid, furious and a few other words not nice enough to post. The nerve of the TSA to change downtime to production hours. Am hoping this is a fluke and it will be changed. Just another slap in the face! Happy MT Week to you, too! ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Lisinopril Being Converted To Lisinoprowl Or Lisinoprat?
Jul 29, 2010

Physician says lisinopril is being converted to lisinoprowl or lisinoprat.  This is my first time encountering this word. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Okay, If You Were Making .04/line With VR But Offered 08/line With Transcription . . . Unlimited Amt
Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think? ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

MTSOs - Why Anyone Would Do VR For 0.03 Per Line Or Straight Transcription For 0.07 Per Line
Mar 13, 2012

It's beyond me why anyone would do VR for 0.03 per line or straight transcription for 0.07 per line, even 0.08 stinks.  Are we all that desperate to let these companies get away with not paying a living wage?  It's outrageous.  As long as MTs send their resumes to these companies and apply for these positions, the longer it will take to bring us back to the pay level we deserve.   At this point, i'd rather starve then sell my soul to the devil. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

10 Cents A Line For Transcription And 5-6 Cents A Line For VRE?
Mar 19, 2015

Are there any companies out there that pay at least 10 cents a line for transcription and 5-6 cents a line for VRE? This career is not what it used to be!  ...

Where Is The Line?
Nov 11, 2009

Well, just failed another test and on the very first part to beat all! It was multiple choice grammar, punctuation, and terminology. I cannot be this dumb or are the standards sooooo high? I researched everything twice before I sent it in and felt really good about it. After receiving notice that I failed, with no grade or what I did wrong, I researched somemore. I found 2 that I answered wrong. There may be more but I can't see how. So out of the whole test I miss two, and they were spell ...

How Can They Cut 0.03 A Line When A Lot Of Us
Mar 02, 2010

are already at or close to minimum wage anyway?  Really, they have to pay at least minimum wage, so ha, ha, ha.  They can take their 0.03 a line and put it where the sun don't shine!    That felt good! ...

S/l Fifth Line
Apr 23, 2010

He says: The marsupialization was done by approximating the --s/l fifth line--into the mucosa of the labia. It sounds like fifth or cyst line.  Not sure what it is. ...

New MT-- How Much A Line?
Sep 21, 2010

I am a brand new MT and have a job offer. How much on average should I charge per line?  ...

Someone Said 40% Less Per Line For ASR? Umm, I Get 60%
Nov 11, 2010

less per line and was told that is the rate. Did you just start with MQ??? ...

Line Help
Aug 10, 2011

typing a SOAP:   Vitals noted: Blood pressure looks pretty good. Was not clear skin moist and dry??? Can't figure out underlined part. Please help! ...

Med-line
Feb 20, 2012

Help! TAC Line?
Apr 15, 2013

I sent this to QA once and they left it blank too. Patient will be getting a tracheostomy and TAC line placement? Can't find it anywhere. ...

An MM Line - 60 Or 65?
Jan 25, 2014

TIA ...

TSM Line Up
Jan 15, 2015

Anyone get some new TSM assignments today?  Looks like they were cut in half.  ...

Per Line Rate
Oct 13, 2009

Is it typical to be paid a higher per line rate with a clinic account or a hospital account? ...

Pay .07 Per Line To Start
Nov 02, 2009

I've never been paid by the line.  I have over 10 years radiology experience, and this company wants to hire me with radiology experience at .07 per line "to start".....is this decent pay?  I'd have to type at least 1500 lines a day to make decent money.  Is that a lot of lines to do in a day?  Med Trans?  Ever heard of it? ...

PT Line Rate Cut
Nov 25, 2009

I  know a lot of us wonder what the reason is for PT status MTs to lose 1/2 cpl.  We have been told that it is because at some point we could possibly switch to FT.  If our bank, where we have our checking and savings accounts would send us a letter telling us that starting next month we would have to start paying $200 per month for our house payment, even though we do not own a house, but this was just in case some day we might, I think we would all tell that bank they were nuts ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

Pay Per Line Recalculations
Jan 25, 2010

So the last recalculation MQ did was based on production 5/1-10/31. That means the next one should be for production 11/1-4/31. And then they somehow factor in the lines we do against the time signed into DQScribe, or is it clocked into the system? What can we do (other than type fast) to impact this in our favor? I've read to always log out or is it to clock out when taking a potty break, etc.  Any help appreciated. ...