A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Incorrectly pronounced medications - all smiles

Posted: Apr 20, 2015

How many of you leave blanks when medications are not pronounced correctly?

Or fill in because you are sure of what medication it is supposed to be?

I've seen QC and QA fill in the medication when it was badly mispronounced.

Example: Methylprednisone for methylprednisolone (there is no methylprednisone).

if I'm sure - Mrs.Buns

[ In Reply To ..]
(like your example), I'll fill it in. If I'm unsure, or also if the dosage doesn't match up (ex: a drug that comes as a 8 mg tab but he says 800 mg), I'll leave it blank. I'm pretty sure QC has the capability to cross-check it with the meds lists in other reports for that patient, or at least that's what I'm counting on.

Generally, I blank--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
For the example you gave, I will fill in because that is rather obvious but unless it is blatantly obvious, I blank. I blank dosages a lot too. My account is verbatim and I am not paid enough to look up prior reports on the patient to verify, etc. I am currently on a 3 blank account, past accounts I have been on were not so generous so I might put more time into it for those, then again, those dictators were better too.

While I would assume in that example that the doc - probably means

[ In Reply To ..]
methylprednisolone, in the current QA pay docking day and age, I'd blank it every time. Every. Single. Time. And anything else that was like that. Every time. Maybe the doc really did mean prednisone but they're just kind of a medication idiot. Not in my pay grade anymore to make that assertion. Blank.

If it can be verified somewhere else in the document... - HangingInThere

[ In Reply To ..]
I would pay attention if it can be verified elsewhere in the document. Personally, would have been comfortable transcribing methylprednisolone and not blanking it. I save my blanks for what I am truly unsure of.

If it could be verified, I would type it. If not, - I would blank it.

[ In Reply To ..]
Not worth leaving to the whim of postaudit QA and whether they want to ding it or not. Just my preference.

Similar Messages:

Corrected Incorrectly?
Jan 17, 2011

So I have a pretty good editor, I don't dislike him at all. Every once in a while though, he will correct something that I didn't do wrong, either by missing something else in the report, or just marking something red that I had already typed in my original report becuase it was left next to another blank, etc. This has only happened about 3 times in 4 months, but it concerns me because it is very important to me that I look good and maintain high quality standards so that I can get wh ...

Surbridement? Pronounced Very Clearly, But Google Has Not
May 20, 2010

The sentence is "We did start her on Collagenase Sanyl to the necrotic tissue after sharp s/l surbridement.  If that's a word, why is it not used to where google would hear of it?  Has anyone heard of it? ...

Change From R-CHOP To S/l R-EPA (pronounced With A Long E, Like Eeepa
Aug 12, 2010

no other info given, tia ...

I Am VERY Tempted To Type Verbatim As Pronounced By This Twit NP
Jun 08, 2015

nm ...

Pet Peeve. Docs Who Use "in Lieu Of" Incorrectly
Jun 09, 2011

Does anyone else run across this?  I work on a verbatim account and a few of the doctors say "in lieu of" when they clearly mean "in light of."  I've flagged these before, but QA has always left them as is.  It gets on my nerves. ...

Two Medications
Jan 28, 2010

I have two medications I can't figure out...first one sounds like "avencia" and the other one sounds like "sulfazolin" - - any ideas??? * The patient has/had  rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes zoster, atrial fibrillation,   high cholesterol, hypertension and large B-cell lymphoma.   Thanks!!! ...

2 Medications.
Aug 17, 2010

s/l pluridol IM s/l syamedrol   Need confirmation on spelling. Thanks! ...

Medications S/l Grosbag
May 16, 2010

medication that s/l grosbag. ...

AIDS Medications
Sep 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a good reference website for antiretroviral meds? TIA! :) ...

S/l Ruvella (under Medications) Nm
Oct 04, 2010

Ruvella or Rivella ...

Best Site To Look Up Medications?
Dec 26, 2010

for spelling etc... ...

In List Of Medications
Jun 27, 2011

s/l bindestradiol transpatch every 24 hours.  Cannot verify the "bind" part.  TIA. ...

Medications: NROS
Jan 23, 2012

It's a new one on me and it's not even in the acronym finder web site.  Any help is appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of RSM Medications
Dec 20, 2012

I have a report where EMS arrived at a home where someone was unresponsive.  Sounds like she said "They administered RSM medications and intubation with good bilateral breath sounds.I cannot find RSM anywhere ...

Past History: Medications:
Dec 08, 2009

Seizure "s/l seizure in section" X 1. ...

1, Possibly 2 Medications, And Spelling Help Please?
Aug 04, 2010

Not sure of the spelling for either.  Also, not sure if these are 2 separate medications or if they should be separated by a comma.  Any help is appreciated. Also, if you are familiar, please indicate whether they are brand or generic meds.    amiodipine danazopril oral ...

100 Most Popular Medications And Dosages
Jul 13, 2013

Does anyone know where I could find a list of the top 100 medications prescribed and their dosages?  Maybe one of you have such a list.  Hopeful! ...

NIL Pronounced "NILE"?
Feb 18, 2014

Dictator has an accent, so not sure on pronunciation.  From cardiovascular lab report: There was Nil turbulence and anterograde color flow across the valve.  The mitral regurgitation was assessed to be Nil.   Is this a real word?  Any idea what it means?  Does he mean "nil" pronounced "nil" as in "none"?  The accent is thick.... Thanks! ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Website To Look Up Medications?
Jan 17, 2010

nm ...

Web Sites For Partial Names Of Medications
May 14, 2010

Does anyone have a good website where if you can only make out part of the name of a drug it will research everthing with that part.  I used to have one ages ago that all it needed was at least 3 letters, but have since lost it. Now a year or so later I am trying to find it again.   Any help is appreicated. ...

Under Medications S/l Brenvella 3 With Meals And 2 With Snacks. TIA Nm
Jun 06, 2010

xx ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Site That Will Search Medications
Sep 29, 2010

nm ...

Looking For Drug In A List Of Medications, S/l Apria, Sm
Jun 06, 2011

past medical history includes  Sleep apnea.  Hypertension. Seasonal allergies. Gastroesophageal reflux disease. The patient is being seen for anemia.  ...

Intrathecal Pain Pump Medications...
Oct 18, 2011

Doc is saying within the pump infusion she has had baclofen, s/l UPVK, and Sufenta.  TIA ...

AAMT Book Of Style - Medications Numbered And Listed?
Apr 07, 2010

According to AAMT Book of style, are medications numbered and listed?? ...

S/l "ficel" Injury Of The Ankle. Pronounced "fy-sel" Any Ideas? Thanks, Nm
May 01, 2015

nm ...

From Recent Post: Medical Industry Lies About Medications And Treatments.
Nov 14, 2009

nm ...

In List Of Medications....s/l *Fibrel Or Vibrel" Patch. No Other Information Given.
May 25, 2010

x ...

Child With Difficulty Sleeping Prescribed "boca" Medications At Night
Aug 13, 2010

. ...

Can't Document...PT Has Recurrent Pain Medications Listed On "K Tracks" TIA
May 28, 2011

nm ...