A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Concern over supplemental Insurance deadlines !! - AnnieOakley

Posted: Aug 28, 2012

This is what I understand to be true: If we had supplemental insurance through Alpha Staff, such as Critical Accident, Cancer Insurance, Short Term Disability, etc., the expiration of this coverages ends this Friday, August 31. I have spoken with Colonial , the company we are supposed to call to discuss new coverage, this morning.  They told me they are waiting on "something" from our company before they can give quotes or put us in the system individually. It sounds like if we get a call on Friday with the rates, we will not have time to shop it.  I don't get it. Getting down to the wire.  Has anyone else addressed this or found out anything else?

Have you emailed and called every suit? Nobody here can do - anything about this. Email/call management. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

supplemental - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought the supplemental, etc., (all but medical which is going to BC/BS of MA), had an end date of 12/31/2012. The medical changes on 09/01/2012. Check with HR on this. If I am wrong, then ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH, I can't decide this quick.

This is all very confusing, as usual with this company. sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought only medical insurance coverage had to be chosen now and that the supplemental coverages would have another open enrollment in the fall. Have had much trouble during open enrollments with this company. Thoroughly disgusted with both Nuance and AlphaStaff and how they handle so-called benefits.

Similar Messages:

Supplemental Insurance Coverage Ends Aug 31
Aug 29, 2012

If you have the Critical Accident, Cancer, Short Term Disability, etc through Alpha Staff, it is ending August 31, I was told by a phone call to Alpha today. Have not heard anything from Colonial yet regarding a new policy. Just to let anyone know who cares. ...

Is There Anyone Out There Who Signed Up For Supplemental Insurance Through Colonial Last Summer
Jan 03, 2013

I called them today and I am still insured with them.  So, unless this is an error on the person I talked to, my next paycheck will have deductions for that insurance in addition to the deductions for the new 2013 Nuance insurances which are through other vendors. Does anyone know about this?  Our policies with Colonial should have been cancelled by Nuance. ...

Need Supplemental Income
Apr 15, 2013

Anyone know of a good small company that I can work just for supplental income?  I don't need a lot, just something to help out.  I prefer a small company without all of the bells and whistles that come with the larger ones.  TIA ...

Patient Takes Multiple Supplemental Vitamins
Sep 14, 2010

s/l So-roo-ta, s/l Ping, s/l ADD5 Plus, s/l Twi-lite-tine, s/l ara-bin-ma-neg-rate, s/l Toe-me powder and s/l  I know this is a lot but if you could help with any.  This PA is terrible!!! Thanks for any help.   ...

Concern
Sep 02, 2012

I am thinking of getting into the field of MT but not hearing good things about it as far as steady work and getting paid.  I am also courous about the average yearly income because I've heard a wide range of numbers.  Also what is the real deal about getting work right out of school with no experience. ...

Anyone Else Get "moving Deadlines" FIESA Email?
Jan 15, 2015

So I guess they're moving around the dates for reversal request cutoffs, etc.  They're all over the place...seems like they're moving dates so it looks more favorable on their end? ...

Companies Have No Concern For MT
Mar 27, 2012

I have been trying to get a MT job since September.  I have thirty years of experience.  A company called me last week because they were looking for a seasoned radiology transcriptionist. They saw my resume on a board from 2010.  Anyway I interviewed and was ready to take the test tomorrow and I just got an email saying one of their MTs want to increase their hours so I won't be needed anymore.  They did not know this in advance.  ...

Contract Concern
Nov 13, 2012

Can someone please help me. I am new to the company, I have not been here 90 days yet. my TSM is "gone" so I have a new one now and have not yet spoken with her. I am very concerned because I realized that my "contracted" rate of 4 and 9 cpl at 150 lph does NOT meet my state minimum wage, I rarely get straight typing to get the 9 cpl. I also am not meeting the 150 lph yet, even so that is only like 6$ an hour, that is horrible. I should have done my math beforehand. I didn't think they coul ...

I Have A Concern Regarding The Snowflakes.
Dec 06, 2012

They seem to be on every board and they just keep coming down and it reminds me of winter.  I don't really like winter.  I'm more of a summer person.  Also, is there any way to change this site from blue to yellow?  I prefer yellow.  TIA!  ...

Discrimination Concern
Nov 03, 2014

Just a thought, has anybody noticed that all TLs and TSMs are CMTs.  I believe they discriminate against those of us who do not have our RMT or CMT for any positions of authority.  I have applied for many TL and TSM positions and have never heard a word.  They CYA by putting that preferred line in, but what they mean is don't bother.  I believe this is discrimination.  What do you all think??   ...

Concern Or Concerned???
Jan 06, 2015

He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concerned about him.   He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concern about him.   should this be changed to concerned?   ...

Concern About Minimum Wage
Mar 15, 2010

My ASR rate x 100 is less than minimum wage.  My transcription rate x 100 is just slightly higher than minimum wage.  I wonder if MQ is planning to increase the minimum lph to 150.  ...

Is Security The Real Concern?
Feb 17, 2011

How of HIPAA compliance yields profitable partnerships? I guess a lot of emphases given to HIPAA compliance is truly justified, especially in the case of outsourcing. The thrust on confidentiality and security of patient records grows manifold when it's done across 7 seas. ...

Because Of The Concern Of The Marked Leukocytosis And The (presumption) Of Sepsis Due To That
May 12, 2011

Because of the concern of the marked leukocytosis and the (s/l presumption) of sepsis due to that ...

Insurance Question. If I Sign Up For Insurance Sm
Apr 15, 2010

and family member wishes to join later, can I enroll at any time or must it be during "official" enrollment period?    Thank you.  ...

Landmark Insurance - Insurance Cards Yet?
Jan 13, 2011

Has anybody received their insurance cards yet? ...

Landmark Insurance - What Is Happening With Our Insurance?
Jan 24, 2011

What do other LMers think of what is happening with our insurance?  I am the head of our household and am worried.  What do we do when COBRA runs out? ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

TT Insurance...
Dec 30, 2009

Just curious if anyone currently working at TT has received their new insurance info in the mail?  Yes, I've contacted HR but I never get a response. Thx ...

FYI Regarding Insurance
May 17, 2011

I don't know if yall know this, but I found out during the process of appealing an insurance claim that MedQuist is self-insured.  They set our rates and our benefits and pay all our claims, United Healthcare just administers the fund!  Kind of explains why things got so sh***y so fast, it's because MedQuist is calling the shots ...

MQ Insurance
Jul 12, 2011

Just wondering, MQ says that there insurance is second to none.  So, how good is their insurance and how expensive?  TIA Looking for love in all the wrong places, apparently. ...

So If You Are Ex JLG Now Do You Just Not Have Any Insurance Or What
Oct 02, 2011

Do we have to wait 90 days just like when hired on at a new job? I don't understand how this is fair considering I didn't ask for a change.  ...

Insurance-fed Up
Feb 16, 2012

I have had to use this insurance several times for MRIs.  This insurance pays for NOTHING.  I sure hope with the switch in suits and the new name change we can get a cheaper deductible when the benefits package comes up again in June.  This is just horrible!  This is eating up my paycheck fast. ...

LTD, STD Insurance Up
Mar 13, 2012

Did anyone else's insurance go up on LTD and STD insurance rate on the last paycheck.  These insurance companies are nickel, diming and $100 their way thru our pay. ...

Gap Insurance
Apr 06, 2012

message deleted ...

Insurance?
Nov 07, 2012

I just went over the NEW (using the term loosely) insurance for January.. wow.. there is not much change to mention.  Well, except that smokers will have to pay more.  We will still have to pay (single) 2500.00 out of pocket before they will even pay the 75% (my heart goes out to those with families!).  I dont know about the rest of you, but that just dooms me to no benefits to speak of or else to just owe out the wazooo.  I had been told by my physician that I had ...

Insurance And Rx
May 02, 2013

I just read the insurance thread and one of you mentioned having no Rx coverage. Go to www.goodrx.com    I've gotten deals there that are far better than what I was getting through my insurance (current plan does not include Rx coverage).  For instance, my BP medication was $95 cash, $50 insurance, and $33 through GoodRx.   ...

How Much Is Insurance
Aug 01, 2014

How much is the premium for health insurance for individual with Nuance? ...

Insurance With LM
Jan 18, 2015

Did anyone get the insurance through LM or did all that fall through?  No one ever contacted me about it.  Just curious.   ...

AP Insurance
May 01, 2015

Was anyone able to find an answer regarding AP's insurance?  ...